As of April 22, 2020, we’re introducing various enhancements to streamline collaboration and resolution while managing incidents from Opsgenie. We’re changing the information necessary to create an incident. You’ll be able to create an Incident without selecting an impacted service, or select multiple impacted services when applicable. In addition to a more flexible service-incident relationship we’re also introducing:
- Easier collaboration by removing the “Owner Team” concept-Moving all Incident Templates to the Global level for a streamlined workflow
- Dedicated incident status updates for incidents
Let’s take a close look at this change and the following enhancements of incident management feature set:
- An Incident can have 0 or more impacted services
- Incidents can be created without specifying the impacted service.
- Incidents can have more than one impacted service.
- Impacted service information can be updated
- The “Owner team“ concept will be retired for the incidents. All Opsgenie responders can create incidents and take incident actions by default.
- If a service is added as an impacted service, then the owner team of the corresponding service will be added as an incident responder. The alert created for this team will have incident-alert-type: Owner field.
- All alerts created for the individual responders and responder teams will be called as: “Responder Alerts“
- To keep the existing configuration that depends on the incident-alert-type field, the following logic will be applied.
- Incident templates will be global-entities. During the incident creation, any incident template can be selected.
- The Opsgenie hosted bridge and Zoom for ICC will be global entities
- Zoom and Opsgenie hosted bridge configurations will be handled from the Settings:
- Audio Bridge and Jitsi Video Bridge configurations will be handled from the Team Dashboard
- Incident templates, Conferences (Opsgenie hosted bridge and ICC for Zoom), Incident response roles and Email templates are now available on the Settings menu under the Incident Configurations.
- Incident creation changes:
- The impacted service field will no longer be mandatory.
- All incident templates can be selected during the incident creation.
- All conference rooms can be selected during the incident creation.
- Plus: look & feel changes!
- Incident status updates! To share the latest progress of your incidents, now, you can use the dedicated incident status page which is available under the Communications section of the incident detail page.
- Quickly send updates directly from the incident detail page. All updates will be automatically added to the all impacted services' status pages:
Try them out and let us know what you think!