Responders is not working

Shubham Gupta September 7, 2021

Hey Team,

I am trying to do Prometheus Alert manager integration with Opsgenie and have defined responders as well, but mention responders are not getting any alerts instead it get redirected to Team whose Integration API key is used. For testing purposes, I tried the below API to create an alert, but from the direct API call also, it didn't work.

API Call - 

curl --location --request POST 'https://api.opsgenie.com/v2/alerts' \
--header 'Content-Type: application/json' \
--header 'Authorization: GenieKey <TEST API KEY>' \
--data-raw '{
"message": "Notification test",
"alias": "notification-test-1234",
"description":"Test notification",
"responders":[
{"name":"xxxx@xxx.com", "type":"user"}
],
"visibleTo":[
{"name":"Test","type":"team"}
],
"priority":"P1"
}'
Alert screenshot: For responders, we are expecting the name of the user passed as part of the above API call.
image.png

1 comment

Wei Wung
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 8, 2021

Hi @Shubham Gupta

I believe the issue you are seeing is that the apikey belongs to an integration that is owned by the Test team.  A team-based integration can only create alerts for its own team.  Any responder(s) passed in is ignored.

On the other hand, to create an alert for a responder user or team that you pass in via the payload, the integration will need to be global, that is, have no team assigned.  This can only be done if your account is on the Standard or Enterprise, since the Essentials plan does not allow for global integrations.

Hope the above shed a little light on what you are seeing.

stephane Le Breton September 22, 2022

Hi Wei Wung, I'm facing exactly the same issue and using a team based integration.
What is the solution to get an integration which is not linked to a team so I can create alert for specific user ?
Thanks

Wei Wung
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 11, 2022

Hi @stephane Le Breton 

Sorry for my delay.  If you haven't already done so, please feel free to reach out via the in-app Chat or via a Support ticket at support.atlassian.com so we can take a look.

Essentially, your Opsgenie account would need to be on either the Standard or Enterprise plan, and an Opsgenie global Admin would need to open the integration via Settings > Integration to un-assign the Team and make sure the Responders field has the {{responders}} variable.

Then you would be able to pass the responders in via the payload like in Shubham's example above.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events