Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make OpsGenie Have Jira Cloud Integration in Free Version

Alex Janes November 25, 2020

I was reviewing the pricing plans for various Atlassian products, and came across what I consider to be an interesting oversight in licensing for the free versions. Now, there's countless things I could comment on about how non-sensical Atlassian's licensing is sometimes. But this one was really confusing to me.

Look, I get it, lock premium features behind a pay wall. I'm not going to argue with that. That's just business, and there's no case I can make there.

But, why do you have to get to a paid version of OpsGenie before you get Jira integration? To me, if I have the free version of Jira Cloud, shouldn't OpsGenie at least be able to integrate with that Jira Cloud instance?

Fine, no on-premise Jira integration. Based on recent developments, it seems like on-premise is going to be an expensive, premium product, coming very soon anyway. But, to support your business model of giving customers a 'free sample', so to speak, to get them hooked and paying for your products, blocking Jira integration on the free version of OpsGenie really makes no sense. The only way someone could get that 'taste' of how OpsGenie is really worth the money, is to actually spend money.

I would HIGHLY recommend basic Jira Cloud integration be included with the free version, even if it doesn't give you other features, or doesn't integrate freely with anything other than a free Jira cloud instance.

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events