Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you used both OpsGenie and PagerDuty? How do they honestly compare?

mboehm
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 9, 2024

Hi,

I don't want to hear from any Atlassian or PagerDuty employees here.  I want to hear from actual users who have used both systems and can give an honest comparison.

I've been managing our PagerDuty system for close to 10 years and I think it's great.  We have it linked in with our LogicMonitor and have everything working exactly as we want. The only thing we use it for is so when LM sees a critical alert, it connects to PagerDuty and alerts whoever is on-call.  We don't use PD's built-in incident tracking/ticketing as we use Zendesk for all that.  We use PD strictly as a notification type system for alerts and for adding users, rerouting the alert, etc.  We do have 2-way integration between the two so when we Ack in PD it Acks in LM, etc.

The main thing I hate about PD is their support.  They used to have live chat support which was great.  These days I have to send in an email and then wait a week or two for a response.  That is one of the main reasons we are investigating alternatives.

Since we are always looking for other options, and since we use Jira for a couple other small things, I figured I'd take a look at OpsGenie.  I've used OpsGenie and little bit, but only as an end user, and not as an admin.  From what I saw, the system looked very archaic with the screen layouts and things.  But again, that was only from the end user side and not from the admin side.  We do NOT use Jira ServiceDesk for ticketing in case that affects the functionality or OpsGenie.

So, for anyone who has used both, either during testing or maybe you changed from one to the other, what are the real-world differences between the two and which do you prefer?

Thanks!

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events