Alert Deduplication

Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 22, 2019

A common question we get is, how does alert deduplication work? Here’s a little insight:

Opsgenie de-duplicates alerts to reduce the number of alerts and prevent alert fatigue. Alerts are deduplicated using the “alias” field which is a user-defined unique identifier for open alerts.

• Only one alert can be opened with a single alias at any time.
  • If an alert source tries to create a new alert when there is already an alert opened with that given alias, the count of the alert is increased instead of creating a new alert. For more information see our docs.

4 comments

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2019

Thanks for that. Therefore I ike opsgenie :) 

And also, I think you need highlight the correct configuration in this case.

Cheers,

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

Like Kate Clavet likes this
Christian Henrriquez January 29, 2021

Is there a way to disable this? Thank you.

Julian Cobos Moya February 15, 2021

how do I get notified after my alarm fails 3 times?

Rahman_ Sarmad May 10, 2022

@Samir , are there steps to deduplicate alerts? I have visited below link but it doesn't actually addresses how to deduplicate in detail. Where can I actually setup deduplication? Or am I to assume that deduplication happens automatically by checking for same "alias" value and if it's not the same, then it's not duplicated. Can I create a deduplication policy based on "Key words" in the alert since "alias" may not match?

https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/what-is-alert-de-duplication/

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events