Thanks for tuning into Remote Summit!

G’day Community Members -

Thank you to all those that made our first Remote Summit a success. We had over 29k registered for this year’s event! We had a 30+ products and demos, live chat, scavenger hunt and much more.

Missed a session? Watch all the sessions, revisit our product hub or sponsors by clicking here.

Here are some photos you shared over the past two days.

image_samller.pngsummitremote_2.png

Summit_3 copy.png

Atlassian Research Workshop

Influence the future of Atlassian products. Sign up for invitations to research studies suited for you and your needs. Learn more.

Atlassian University
Continue your professional development with Atlassian University. Discover new skills with training for Jira, Confluence, and more of our products. Enjoy 20% off any on-demand course with code “Summit20” at checkout. Click here for a complete catalog of courses.

Share your experience with your team

Post what you enjoyed the most about Remote Summit 2020 below and we’ll add our official Remote Summit badge to your profile.

Or share these Summit banners to your network, followers, and fans on your social channels:

Social_Facebook-LinkedIn_Post-Event-002_1200x628@2x.pngSocial_Facebook-LinkedIn_Post-Event-003_1200x628@2x.pngSocial_Facebook-LinkedIn_Post-Event-006_1200x628@2x.png

24 comments

Comment

Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2020

Those banners make me feel so accomplished 🤩

Like # people like this
Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2020

I loved the countdowns built into the keynote presentations, made me feel like I was still there. :) The community video call sessions were outstanding and brought all of the energy of Summit to my home office. The leaderboard challenge was a fun new challenge to undertake this year, and as always, I connected with some new people as a result. Great job making it "feel" like Summit despite not being together in person!

Like # people like this
Christopher Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2020

Amazing work by all to put on an impressive remote summit! 

Like # people like this
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2020

I loved attending the Community Leader events. It's great to see the people that contribute so much to this community. It's a bummer it couldn't be in person, but ... next year. It was also just really cool that this even happened. It would have been easy to just say, "Oh well, maybe next year." But instead Atlassian stepped up to the plate and delivered some pretty cool stuff in not a lot of time.

Like # people like this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 3, 2020

The best feature of Remote Summit for me is being able to catch up on sessions over the next 2 weeks - as I did not have time to see them 'live'.

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 3, 2020

I agree with Davin, I loved the Community Leader events and am so grateful to the fabulous Atlassian Team for working around the clock to make it fun, engaging, interesting, and educational, you really knocked this week out of the park! A huge congrats to the whole Alassian Community team for pulling off not only the community leader events, but a summit with 29k registered!! Phenomenal, you should be super proud! I also agree with Kat, I loved that all of the sessions were on-demand and if you missed something you could go back (unlike live), and if you got a phone call you could hit pause (also unlike live). I was also able to binge watch one after another and pick and choose the ones I wanted to watch versus having to choose between breakout sessions where three or more are running simultaneously (which happens for live events)!
Thanks everyone for a fantastic week, I feel energized and grateful to have been able to participate virtually! Sending virtual hugs to you all :)

83768850-3D49-4482-9A21-F55D8EA87B57.jpeg

Like # people like this
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2020

“Missed a session? Watch all the sessions, revisit our product hub or sponsors by clicking here.”

The time of the summit is usually in the middle of the night in Asia, the video playback is really great!

Like Bridget likes this
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 4, 2020

I enjoyed the sessions because it showed that it is taken seriously to keep the users/customers informed about what is coming next and which achievements were made. There is something interesting in every session - even for those who use the one or another solution already. I really like that there is a steadily progress visible. More and more useful features are integrated and discussed in an easy to understand way during (remote) summit.
While it was not able to meet in-person this year for known reasons I appreciate that there was a (remote) summit. Thank you very much for your efforts!

Like # people like this
Pavel Junek
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2020

Thank you for the possibility of a remote Atlassian Summit, which I attended this year for the first time. It was a great experience. I really like seeing all the videos even after the summit!

Like Bridget likes this
Vinod Ramadoss
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 4, 2020

Thanks for this great oppurtunity,  if not for the remote summit i could have possibly not had the chance, moreover, this is my first Atlassian summit and i still remember how excited i felt after knowing the fact that its remote this time, its free, which would give me opportunity to attend the companies summit event.

As always, since outside US timezone i did have the challenge of the timing, although i was part of most of the event, there were few sessions which i could not make as it was too late for me, however, the option to see videos at later time was very helpful. 

Thank you once again.looking forward for more such remote events.

Like Bridget likes this
Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2020

Glad I have had a chance to attend my first summit ever! Also it is great these sessions are available on YouTube. I hope they do not diasappear after a while, so I can check them all :)

Thanks for the effort on this.

Adam

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 5, 2020

I want to say a massive congratulations to the Atlassian team for being able to pivot so quickly from a f2f Summit to a totally remote Summit! Massive kudos to everyone involved, especially to @Monique vdB for her wonderful Virtual Lounges, which quickly turned into the highlight of my day!

awesome heart GIF

Because of my home situation, and the fact that I live in the UK, I won't be able to attend any other Summit events, unless they are live-streamed (or recorded and then released for On Demand) as well as held f2f, so I was REALLY excited that, after being a Community Leader for a few months, I was able to attend Summit.

I can understand for veteran Summitters, that this wasn't the experience that they were used to, but for me, it was utterly brilliant and I enjoyed every minute of it!

Like # people like this
Brian Hill April 5, 2020

Really enjoyed seeing the extent of use by StJudes Hospital in the opening keynote - great testament to the power of the tools for covering business operations and keeping teams connected across time, place + purpose..

Like # people like this
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 6, 2020

I loved and enjoyed the summit - applause for everyone involved - to the Atlassian team!

@Bridget and how cool are these banners <3

Like # people like this
Dave_Liao April 6, 2020

In these weird times, still being able to hear a Summit Keynote gives you a sense of normalcy that we all need.

Carving time to remotely attend events was a bit more challenging than doing this in Real Life, but that's par for the course. 😂

Like # people like this
Joe Pursel April 6, 2020

It was so good to connect with the Atlassian Community thru the Remote Summit. Viewing the sessions from home gave me great flexibility to watch sessions throughout the day and accomplish work. It also was a time to escape the uncertainty of the time we are living in and attach to our Atlassian friends and colleagues and realize we all have a common interest which in one way, makes us one.

For me, the exciting news about the upcoming Data Center enhancements as well as the new Jira Software releases help me plan for the future roadmap of our center. Also the Connector for Jira Portfolio looks promising too.

Thank you to all who were involved in setting up and delivering a great and informative Remote Summit.

Poorvi Jhawar
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 6, 2020

Being my first Summit, I loved the fact that I could attend all sessions without having to give up 'work'. I could hear the speakers, while I work on other things. Something I know, I wouldn't be able to do if I was attending in-person. 

I really hope to get my Community Leader Status in time for next year so that I can attend the coveted Community sessions :) 

Like # people like this
JimmyVanAU
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2020

My favourite presentation was the one by ESL Gaming and venITure. This was a true collaboration - between a customer and a partner.

I loved the dialogue and the conversation, showing the initial lukewarm reception of Jira to the business (something very familiar to many partners), and their journey to making Jira fundamental to their entire operation. I also loved the effort the team went to to SHOW us how Jira worked. Sure, diagrams and clip art is cool, but actual screenshots lend so much more meaning IMO. It shows that ESL are proud of their system, and are willing to show it off warts and all (though not so many warts, the theming looked 👌). The very clued up can also look at the detail administrators and partners will go to, to design solutions.

Well done to venITure for winning the rising star EMEA award - looks to be very well deserved! 

Like Bridget likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 9, 2020

@Bridget Love the banners!

There were two breakout sessions I loved for different reasons.

First, "Create cloud apps in minutes with Forge UI"  I was recently accepted into the beta and the opening to that video really hit home with what I struggled with when trying to start with Atlassian Connect, and this video went on to show/explain how much easier Forge is and I absolutely agree.

Second, "Everything you learned about CI/CD is wrong" This session was extremely painful to watch as everything they call out as practices that companies do wrong when trying to get to CI/CD is exaclt what my company is currently doing :(

Luckily, I was about to get some solid advice from both of the presenters in the CI/CD AMA yesterday.

Thank you once again to Atlassian for not giving up and continuing to making this event a positive one.

Like Bridget likes this
william.kennedy April 14, 2020

For me, the highlight was chatting with partners.

I could read what others were asking and really valued personal contact from Bob Swift, himself.

Cool.

Not so cool was the overall Webinar vibe of the presentations. Not sure if a fireside chat or twitch-style format would be better.

Michal Patoprsty April 15, 2020

I really appreciated product booths and support chat where all my answers were answered or at least submitted as a good idea.

Also what I really liked was watching all sessions at home in my favourite clothes :)

Nicole Lubanowski April 15, 2020

I want to start with a big THANK YOU to all the Atlassian team members who worked so hard to put the virtual summit together in a short time frame.  I also want to thank Atlassian leaders for keeping the summit, pivoting to virtual sessions, as opposed to cancelling all together.  The website, booths, and sessions were all amazing!  Sure, there were a few technical difficulties, but that just gave us some time to explore other areas and meet new people.

All the booths were great!  I've never been able to attend a f2f summit in the past, and not sure my ability to in the future, so this was an opportunity I became quickly in love with!!!  It would be awesome if future summits also have a virtual aspect for those of us who may not be able to travel to LVS.

Like Brian Hill likes this
Monika Rani
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 23, 2020

I want to say a big Thank You to the Atlassian team members who really worked hard for the Virtual summit. I felt I was sitting in real Summit 2020, ways of explaining the things were awesome, I learned a lot in this summit, I never been able to attend the summit before in the past, I am from India and for me It was difficult to come to LVS for the Summit but When I heard the news of the remote summit I was so happy.

Thank you so much again Atlassian Team

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 17, 2020

Summit 2020 took me on an emotional rollercoaster ride.  I was so excited about attending Summit and seeing my worldwide "Atlassian family".

Happy Chris Pratt GIF

Then the world fell apart and Summit went virtual which totally took the wind from my sails for a while.

Sad Life GIF

However I have to give tremendous props to the Community team as they figured out how to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat and pull off a mad/crazy/awesome on-line event where I got to see and interact with so many of yoiu incredible humans which made me happy again.

happiness GIF

I guess the thing I enjoyed the most were the impromptu lounge sessions where we showed up in funny hats, showed off our pets, and had a good laugh when we really needed one.  The AMA sessions with product owners and leads were probably the next on my list.

My most humble thanks to the Communi-team for all their hard work.

Thank U GIF

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events