Team 2021 Q+A with Chirag Harendra

Team2021_Email1_Hero-update (1) (1).png

Hello Community!

Chirag drives the products and teams' strategy for next-gen Adaptavist products and services. He just gave a talk, Digital health: Staying sane and healthy in an online world, at Team 2021. 

Post all your questions in the comments before next Tuesday, May 4th to get an answer directly from Chirag! In this session, listeners learned how our "always on" lifestyle is impacting our collective digital health. Ask Chirag about useful techniques to keep your brain and body in fighting shape in the face of the digital status quo.

Now's your chance to ask him any questions that came up during his presentation! 

If you don't have a question, feel free to post your #1 takeaway in the comments below. Chirag will be around to answer your questions until Tuesday, May 4th ... so act quickly! 

6 comments

Comment

Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2021

Hi @Chirag Harendra,

I just wanted to thank you for your talk and the great tips you provided in your session.

Do you have a meditation playlist (on spotify)?

Like # people like this
Cora Egli_bitvoodoo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

Hi Chirag,

I found your talk extremely helpful. Am currently reorganizing my browser tabs :-) It's something I've put off for months, yet now I realize it's a matter of minutes.

Like Chirag Harendra likes this
Chirag Harendra April 30, 2021

Hi @Svenja Lorenzen and @Cora Egli_bitvoodoo_ thank you for your kind words, I'm glad you found the talk useful!

@Svenja Lorenzen I don't have a specific meditation playlist on Spotify per se but I think there's a generic one called meditation, I also use the 'concentration music' playlist when doing 'focus' tasks for work, that really helps. 

For meditation, I currently use Balance: https://www.balanceapp.com/. It is free for the rest of 2021 I think, it provides guided meditations no matter what level you are at. Give it a try!

@Cora Egli_bitvoodoo_ That's great re browser tabs, I think Google Chrome recently had an update where you can apply labels and save multiple tabs under those labels, I've just started doing that myself. 

Hope that helps.

Chirag

Like # people like this
Cora Egli_bitvoodoo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2021

Yes, I didn't need the Session Buddy extension but rather the built-in Chrome function. You just right-click on tabs and add them to a tab group with a specific colour. My browser tabs are looking waaay better now!

Many thanks for this quick win!

Best, Cora

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2021

Thanks for the amazing talk - I enjoyed it a lot.

The statistics like >spent screen time< and >how often humans tend to look at their smartphones< are not so surprising but appalling the same time - some kind of "alarming".
So my takeaway is to keep an eye on things like this despite all the cool things that can be found online.

Cleaning up the desktop and the browser tabs are really a thing!
I found it works best when done automatically: every friday a scheduled task moves everything from Desktop that piled up during the week into a "folder quite out of reach" (local on the laptop but not easy to find, intentionally). Hardliners could probably also erase data instead of moving it.

It is somewhat interesting to see how less data I pulled back from the "hidden" folder, barely 10%, I guess.

Chirag Harendra May 6, 2021

Hey @Daniel Ebers thank you for your kind words and I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the talk! I agree with you on setting up an automation to clean up Desktop... I find that my Internet Downloads folder accumulates a lot of hoarding tendencies, rest of my folders I (try) to keep organised but I guess we'll always have that one 'drawer' where we'll put random stuff into :-).

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events