Team 2021 Prep Slides| Experience & insights by Erica and Wade

Hi Leader's,

Yesterday I got a chance to attend the special event hosted by Erica Larson and Wade Tracy on "Prepare Yourself for Atlassian Team 2021", where they shared their last year experiences and general advice on remote conferences for this year.

This is a must attend event for first timer's like me. They started with prerequisites before the conference, during the conference and after the conference.

Points to keep in mind before the conference

1. Be open minded
  2. Organize your schedule
  3. Make sure to mark your attendance
  4. Set your mail box/ Teams or Slack with an OOO if taken approval from working place to attend this summit.
  5. Have a back up of Data card (WiFi network), headphones, speakers
  6. Get acquainted with the Event portal UI
  7. Have your registration checked on the home page>> Account

During the conference

1. Be active
  2. Try to minimize distractions surrounding your place.
  3. Involve your work colleagues or peers
  4. Ensure you have that little walks, stretching exercises
  5. Take notes either in the Atlassian diary (the one from your Leader's kit), personal diary or using any digital notes taking app.
  6. Make sure you bookmark the on-demand sessions. You got plenty of time till Dec 31, 2021 to watch those on-demand video's + the notes you took will help relating the concept post conference.

After the conference:

1. Rewatch your favorite sessions.
  2. With your All access pass, you are good to play those on-demand videos.
  3. Send a message on Slack or Teams with your networked leader's and thank them for their time and event presence.

Information catalogue for participants:

Live: Their are only 4 Live events in this virtual summit:

• Keynotes
    Wednesday April 28, 10:00am - 1:00pm
    Thursday April 29, 10:00am - 1:00pm
  • Live w/ All-Access
    Atlassian’s approach to a post-pandemic workplace, Wednesday April 28, 2:00pm
    The evolving role of the modern CIO, Thursday April 29, 2:00pm

Recommended sessions considering the trending in Atlassian and Global markets:

1. Learning Journeys: Business Teams, Software teams, IT teams, All teams
  2. Migrating to the Cloud: Technical (all access)
  3. Jira Service Management: Break out session, Demo, Expert solution

Read this article along with the post How-to-make-the-most-of-attending-a-digital-conference by @Monique vdB

So, are we all charged up and geared to this year's virtual summit. Well, then be prepared. See you in the event folks.

Post your thoughts about this article and experiences from Erica and Wade.

Stay safe and stay healthy.

11 comments

Comment

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2021

@G subramanyam Thanks for sharing these useful tips for attending Team '21 event, for a first timer like me. These will be very helpful for the event.

Like # people like this
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2021

Reading this makes even more excited for the start of Team'21, thanks for sharing these great tips @G subramanyam 🙌

Like # people like this
Erica Larson
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2021

Thank you @G subramanyam for sharing!  And for joining our event.  :)

Like # people like this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2021

I'm glad you liked the post @Taranjeet Singh and @Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_ 

See you in the event :)

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2021

Thank you @Erica Larson for that detailed and wonderful session (event). I'm unable to tag you when writing this article (I might need tips on how to find and tag leader's in the posts) :)

Like Erica Larson likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2021

Excellent tips!

Like G subramanyam likes this
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2021

Thanks for the tips!

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2021

@G subramanyam  So very kind of you to take time to share with us these useful tips! Since it is hard for us to attend every single ACE/Session, I appreciate when a fellow leader takes this type of actions.

I am hoping to enjoy the summit this year, last year it was a mess for me as everything I planned didn't go as expected.

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2021

I'm glad you liked this post helpful @John Funk @Liam Green 

Yes, @Fadouawe are learning and accessing great stuff from our colleague ACL's and I must appreciate all their dedication and being their when needed. Good day ahead and see you in the event.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2021

Thanks for sharing some helpful insights.

nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2021

Thank you @G subramanyam for sharing! 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events