Create
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Survival Advice for Team 24 EuropešŸ˜®and Those Typical Excuses for Not AttendingšŸ¤­

One of the things that still amazes me every day is that Iā€™m not a technical person (well, I can be, but not regarding software tool administration), and Iā€™m still working around this great Atlassian ecosystem that keeps growing every day, after seven years.

It has been all this time since I started at Deiserā€™s marketing department, doing everything to learn from a job I wasnā€™t very aware of what it was about. I was coming from the musical industry and advertising, and now (look at me, ma!) I'm an Atlassian Community Leader for Madrid and Valencia, managing the marketing for a portfolio of really awesome apps for Jira, and having a great time. You donā€™t find that every day.

On those dates ( beginnings of 2017), when I joined the Atlassian Ecosystem, it happened around the celebration of one of the first Atlassian events in Europe; at the time, it was called Summit. With the passing of time, it became what we all know nowadays as the Team, which, if you havenā€™t heard, this year is making an unexpected and very welcome return this October 8 - 10 in Barcelona (Yes, again!).šŸš€

In a recent conversation I had with Mark Cruth from Atlassian, he asked me about which tips I should share with those attending first time at this event, and after thinking a little bit, I definitely mentioned:

1. Caffeine and Red Bull are your best allies. I mean, these days are very intense. The agenda Atlassian usually crafts has really amazing topics such as "The Ultimate Rovo Agents Guide" or "Become a data hero with Atlassian Analytics" (from AI - which is one of the topics Iā€™m more interested in, to data and analytics, the System of Work, management, and moreā€¦ itā€™s just those that are the most interesting to me), thereā€™s a lot of networking, then going late to bed, and then waking up early... It's a lot of work, but usually, in the end, itā€™s very rewarding.

Btw, I've built this agenda with topics of my interest, in case you'd like to get a look

2. Talk and network like a boss. These Atlassian events are usually packed with very interesting people with different backgrounds (even marketers like myself!), and youā€™ll be amazed at the connections you can make with each of them. So, adventure yourself and start meeting people in every way you can; if not, meet me; I'll help you with that.

3. Take it easy with the Bash and afterparties. Traditionally, Atlassian used to make the BASH! (the event party) in the middle of the event, and that ā€œtraditionā€ is making a comeback this year (unlikely in recent years. They were smarter and used to make it at the end of the event), so if you donā€™t want to miss the last day, take it easy. Becauseā€¦ Atlassian really knows how to throw a party, and this year, it wonā€™t make any difference.
In addition, Atlassian Partners and Atlassian Communities usually throw side events that usually end late, letā€™s say...šŸ˜‰ So be careful.

leo-diaz-huwen-arnone-deiser-summi-2018.jpeg

A memory of me (in the back) and Leo DĆ­az (Deiser's Head of Products -my current boss)                                          at Summit 2018 BASH in Barcelona (and the last one there).

In fact, the Atlassian Team has it all, especially on this European celebration: very useful information, groundbreaking announcements, and the opportunity to build an amazing professional network. It also happens to be extremely friendly. If, at this point, youā€™re still believing any of these three classic excuses for not attending a corporate event:

1. Youā€™re not sure about coming because youā€™re too busy at work. Cā€™mon, youā€™ll literally be coming to work!

2. If you think youā€™re not technical enough or the event is not for you (I mean, look at me and the custom agenda Iā€™ve built - thereā€™s room for everyone!).

3. If you think you donā€™t have enough arguments to convince your manager(s) to attend the event, letā€™s talk about it on LinkedIn or in the commentsšŸ˜‰. I might share some exclusive incentives that will help you make the right decisions and convince them.

In the end, if you read this whole thing and youā€™ll go there, letā€™s connect. Pass by the Atlassian Community or Deiserā€™s booth, or letā€™s agree to meet somewhere else. I bet it will be great, however. See you soon!

7 comments

Comment

Fernando EugĆŖnio da Silva
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2024

Wow! Counting the days!! Let's do it!

Like ā€¢ Huwen Arnone _Deiser_ likes this
Huwen Arnone _Deiser_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 12, 2024

Totally! It's going to be a very insightful event and fun for sure. See you soon @Fernando EugĆŖnio da Silva

giphy-downsized

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2024

Thanks for sharing the tips @Huwen Arnone _Deiser_ ! 

Huwen Arnone _Deiser_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 1, 2024

You're welcome! Which one was your favorite @Mirek

Teodora V _Fun Inc_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 2, 2024

@Huwen Arnone _Deiser_: "Take it easy with the Bash"

Me: Falling asleep at 10 PM šŸ« 

Huwen Arnone _Deiser_
Marketplace Partner
October 2, 2024

No, you won't @Teodora V _Fun Inc_. You're definitely ignoring the first advice: Red Bull and caffeine will do the work

giphy

Like ā€¢ Teodora V _Fun Inc_ likes this
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 2, 2024

@Huwen Arnone _Deiser_ .. All combined into one! :)

AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events