Summit Flair Challenge

For the last few years at Summit, Atlassian's provided buttons at the confernence registration desk.  Each year I grab the ones that specifically relate to me and add them to my collection.  My favorite ones read "Atlassian Community Champion", "Atlassian Advisory Council", and my first button that simply reads "AUG."

After 5 Summits, my collection is quite large.  It's become a bit of a contest between the Atlassian User Group leaders.  Can you compete with me or Toronto AUG Leader @Susan Hauth (Toronto - JIRA Queen)?

At Euro Summit in May 2017, I had a strong showing of 13 buttons, and was dubbed "the pin queen" by @Gary Barg.  I expect a strong showing again at US Summit later this month.

Want to join the fun?  Show me your Summit flair!  And if you don't recognize the "flair" reference, immediately stop what you are doing, and watch the movie Office Space.

See you at Summit!

summit-flair.jpg

15 comments

Comment

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2017

Wow, that's some bling ... er flair (both individually and combined)!! That's gonna be tough to compete against but "challenge accepted".  :-)

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 6, 2017

This is my first Summit and I am really, really, really, really excited about the flair. I already know I can't beat you but I will enjoy trying!

Screen Shot 2017-09-06 at 8.18.49 PM.png

pb
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2017

I think you'll be pleased with the flair opportunities this year, Rachel!

Nick Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2017

For reference: Office Space Joanna Flair

See you at Summit folks. Have a superb weekend!

Cheers,
Nick

Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2017

I'd say flair collection at US Summit 2017 was a success!

summit17-flair.jpg

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 17, 2017

So much good flair! Shoutout to the enamelled Atlassian logo pin; I think that was my favorite. 

Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2017

I got my 37 pieces!

DJtUDX9VYAED4Pe.jpgIMG_1230.JPG

Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 18, 2017

@Jeff Tillett - You are the Mr T of flair!  

1375968-ba8

Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2017

HAHA, I pity da fool who tries to wear my flair! 

I'm totally bringing all of these, plus my 2016 buttons AND adding new ones at the next summit :P

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 16, 2018

Wow look at that bling!!

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 16, 2018

Wow @Do Not Use - did you need a visit to the chiropractor after wearing those 37 buttons?! Your name badge must have weighed at least 10 pounds!

Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 16, 2018

HAHA, my neck was a little sore ;)

Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 12, 2019

For Summit 2018, I attempted to make Atlassian Summit Suspenders to display my growing flair collection.  

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Summit-articles/How-to-Make-Atlassian-Summit-Suspenders/ba-p/881070

The verdict:  not comfortable or practical.   I removed my pins and threw the suspenders away in Barcelona.  Not sure how you guys wear those things!

summit-suspenders.jpg

Monique vdB
Community Manager
March 12, 2019

@Rachel Wright they looked REALLY cute though!

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 12, 2019

So keen to collect some flair at Summit19! Now I need to ponder how I am going to display them...

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events