Create
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

6 reasons to attend Team '23 - why should you go to Las Vegas?

Last week, registrations for Atlassian's biggest event, Team '23, opened. If you've ever attended one, you're probably already enrolled or waiting for your boss to approve the cost. It's such a trip that if someone has been once, they come back next year. If you've never attended the Atlassian Summit (former name for Team), you're hesitating whether it's worth going on this long journey. Although probably all of you know the rule "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas", I'll make a small exception: I'll share my impressions from previous years. See why you can't miss this event!

πŸ“£ News from the Atlassian world

giphy (53).gif

The event always starts with a keynote about new features in Atlassian products. In 2022, the opening keynote was hosted by Co-Founder and Co-CEO Scott Farquhar, along with Chief Operating Officer Anu Bharadwaj. They discussed why enabling effective teamwork has become a critical enterprise need of our time. You can watch the recording on YouTube.

You'll find out about planned features or the direction of development of tools you use daily. In addition, you'll learn how others use Atlassian tools in their companies during many customer-led sessions.

Also, remember that the lectures and the entire event are for more than just people working in the IT industry! In the agenda, you can find topics you care about in four tracks:

• Agile & DevOps
  • ITSM
  • Open work management
  • Team culture

As you can see, all tracks are designed to reach participants from various industries, fulfilling multiple roles in companies. So it doesn't matter if you're new to Atlassian products or you're already an expert - there's something for everyone.

Presentations during Team are a great inspiration that will help you improve processes in your company. In addition, you can talk to each presenter personally after the lecture and explore the subject, ask for additional tips or discuss your doubts and needs. And after returning from the event full of ideas, you will design changes, implement them and look for effects.

πŸ“š Training

giphy(54).gif

You can gain knowledge not only during inspiring and substantive lectures but also thanks to training sessions. During registration, you can sign up for training that will improve your qualifications, help you develop your career, and allow you to deepen your knowledge of Atlassian products. They're an excellent preparation not only for everyday work but also for Atlassian certificates. You can find half- and full-day courses as well as workshops for you and your team at the Team '23 website: click to check them

πŸ’Έ Sponsors

giphy (48).gif

In addition to lectures and training, you must find time to visit the sponsors' booths. This year, 64 companies are part of the Team! You can find their full list here. Among them, Appsvio couldn't be missing. I warmly invite you to visit us for a chat, not only about apps β˜•οΈ Apart from us, it's worth checking out our colleagues, including Valiantys, K15t, Deiser, or Refined.

As you can see, sponsors include Atlassian Solution Partners and Atlassian Marketplace Partners. Solution Partners will tell you about cloud migration, licenses, and custom solutions. Once you've talked to them about Atlassian tools, it's worth visiting Marketplace Partners (formerly known as Vendors) booths to discuss the possibilities of extending the functionalities of Jira Software, Jira Service Management, or Confluence.

During the event, there is also a raffle. I encourage you to observe social media to get everything. Apart from meetings at booths, look for swags. Like every year, I'm going to hunt for more socks!

🀝 Networking

giphy (49).gif

As I mentioned in one of my posts on LinkedIn, Atlassian is primarily PEOPLE. It's not just about the company's culture but also about the unique ecosystem built around it. Of course, we can connect online, discuss on the Atlassian Community, and meet at virtual Atlassian Community Events, but nothing can replace a face-to-face meeting. That is why this event is a fantastic chance to meet people who administer Jira, use Confluence, are fans of some apps, become experts in running scrum teams... Simply: many interesting people with different experiences and skills who can get to know each other and create relationships - not only business but also friendly. The Team closing party especially favors the latter πŸ˜€

πŸ’ƒπŸ» BASH

giphy (54).gif

This is a fabulous event that ends the whole week. Not the king of the dance floor? Don't worry; you won't be bored. BASH is an incredible experience, full of attractions for everyone. In 2022, apart from dancing with the performance of a fantastic band, we could see a BMX show, a wheel performance, a couple of rollerblading, and a ballerina. Of course, a photo booth, food, and drinks were also there. 

The BASH party is an unforgettable experience with everyone involved: Atlassian team, sponsors, customers, and participants. People from around the world have fun together. Only voices can be heard when it ends: "But it's over? Why? We want more!" And then everyone goes to the Strip πŸ˜‰

πŸ•Ί Vegas, baby!

giphy (52).gif

Let's face it: the location adds +100 points. This is the final reason if the reasons I mentioned above didn't convince you. This event takes place in Las Vegas.

Let me say it again: LAS VEGAS.

Thanks to this, you can see the most shining city in the world after a day full of substantive content. I assure you that in no other place in the world have I seen so many neon and colorful lights accompanying them with music flowing from everywhere. There're many attractions: a variety of food, the breathtaking view from the High Roller, or the fountain show at the Bellagio Hotel. You have to see it!

Traveling inspires and motivates me to act, so I also connect a trip to Team '23 with a holiday this year. Las Vegas is a great starting point for the Grand Canyon or Death Valley. If you have the option to extend your trip, I recommend it. In these places, you'll see the beauty of nature, which will take your breath away. Especially if you're flying from Europe (like me), it's worth going sightseeing and not limiting yourself to just Team '23 week.

Are you already convinced to go? Can you already see yourself through the eyes of your imagination in Vegas? Don't wait! Register for the event today by clicking on THIS LINK.

πŸ€” "I still have doubts..."

giphy (51).gif

Already in February, you can taste what awaits you in Las Vegas. Punch your ticket to the new agile & DevOps event β€” Atlassian Presents: Unleash for all teams which create software products. So sign up to join us in Berlin 9 February 2023: 

Everyone who has already attended the event in previous years: what would you add to this list? Share your thoughts!

See you in Vegas! πŸ₯³

6 comments

Comment

Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2023

Reason #7 - Fun Man Andy will be there...!!!

Not convinced I'll make your time worthwhile?

Check Atlassian's own Team 22 - Sizzle! The full recap video. I appear in it 4 times. More than anyone else. Even Scott, who only featured once and it's his OWN COMPANY!!!

😎⭐️🀘

Like β€’ # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2023

Great article @Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_!  I didn't need 6 reasons to convince me and @Fun Man Andy I 100% agree with reason #7 ;)

I look forward to stopping by to chat with you in Vegas!

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2023

Thanks for the good read and laugh! πŸ˜„

Airyn
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 8, 2023

I'm here for Dwight Schrute! 

Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 1, 2023

If you don't want to miss anything in Vegas, here is your guide created by me: https://trello.com/b/ukss0tLl/atlassian-team-23 

See you in Vegas!

Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2023

Another reason to visit sponsor booths is a raffle! In Appsvio raffle, you can win POLAROID πŸ“Έ πŸ₯°

πŸ‘‰ All info under this link 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events