Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report.Export() and Report.ExportToDisk() do not work under Visual Studio 2017 using vb.net

Research Development November 8, 2018

I inherited an application running crystal reports under VS2008, vb.net and Crystal worked just fine. When I compiled it under Windows 10 would work in development environment, but when published would fail at "SetDataSource(<dataTable>)" - there were no errors at all; it would just hang there forever. I spun my wheels until I decided to compile it under 2017. Under VS 2017 I actually got errors which enabled me to get past it and eventually get them to work. So I ran a few reports and all seemed to work well. I compiled and released to Production.

When released, several users had reports fail. Not all were failing; just some. After investigating I noticed the repors with "subreports" were failing. The simple ones worked. So I go back to the drawing board and find that those reports were failing at "Report.Export()" which is where I exported them to PDF. I also tried using Report.ExportToDisk() but same result. It will just hang there.

Yesterday I upgraded the Crystal Reports Project from Version 9 to the latest 2016 SAP for Visual Studio. Now I'm getting: "Failed to open the connection." & vbLf & "cb16d5b5-5c63-4d1e-a283-afb5bd1680b9 22412_10788_{0A17A498-33DA-4397-A8DA-E6094A6DB8DA}.rpt" & vbLf & "Details: [Database Vendor Code: 17 ]"

That's where I'm currently at. Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 8, 2018

Hi there,

It's not clear which Atlassian product you're referring to with your case.

Can you let us know how this relates to our products so we can properly categorize your question?

Thank you!

Shannon

Research Development November 8, 2018

Hi, Shannon.  I posted that on every forum I could find.  I was a banging my head on the wall for a while.  To answer your question it is not particular to Atlassian.  It was about a Crystal Report being run on Visual Studio 2017.  

The answer to my question in case anyone is interested was simply to point to the 4.0 framework.  I was pointed to the 3.5 framework.

Thanks!

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 9, 2018

Thank you for letting us know! We don't tend to get a lot of users asking about Crystal Reports here, since our forum is dedicated solely to Atlassian software, but glad to hear you were able to resolve it. 

Take care, and have a pleasant weekend.

Shannon

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events