Nothing is published on my webpage

cechan666 August 6, 2019

I am not able to publish anything on my webpage. Something happened two months ago, and now nothing is changing on my webpage. 

What may be the problem?

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 7, 2019

Hey there, welcome to the Atlassian Community!

We support Atlassian products like Jira, Bitbucket, and Sourcetree. Is the problem with your webpage related to one of those (or another Atlassian product)?

If it's something else, we can try to help too. What service/software are you using to deploy your webpage and do you get a specific error message when you try to go through your normal routine?

Thanks,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

cechan666 August 8, 2019

The problem is in Bitbucket, when I make the changes, everythings seems OK, and I don't get an error message, but nothing is published in my homepage..

I do the same thing as always, but now (starting end of june), nothing is published.

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 12, 2019

Without an error message to diagnose, this is mostly an educated guess - but based on your observation of it being the end of June, I'd guess there's something trying to use an account password for you instead of an API token.

For Bitbucket and Jira/Confluence Cloud, any place that would have asked for your password (like Sourcetree or using an API call to make changes) should be using an API token instead. These go in the same place your password would in any programs/scripts that are trying to connect to Bitbucket. We've got an article explaining how this works here, but also I've copied the steps:

Create an API token from your Atlassian account:

1. Log in to https://id.atlassian.com/manage/api-tokens.
  2. Click Create API token.
  3. From the dialog that appears, enter a memorable and concise Label for your token and click Create.
  4. Click Copy to clipboard, then paste the token to your script, or elsewhere to save:

Note:

• For security reasons it isn't possible to view the token after closing the creation dialog; if necessary, create a new token.
  • You should store the token securely, just as for any password.

Try switching that out wherever you're trying to publish your webpage from and see if that patches it up!

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events