Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Multiple instances of Atlassian products on same server

I have a very broad question. As such I understand if I receive a broad answer.

Is it possible to install two instances of an Atlassian product on the same server? I currently have Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence, and Bamboo installed across 4 different servers. I also have a 5th server with a reverse proxy setup for the tools. My goal is to have 1 more instance of each Atlassian product and not have to add any new servers to my setup.

is this possible?

Thanks for your time

1 answer

Hi Omar,

Yes you can have for example 2 Jira's running on a single server since you are using a reverse proxy.

You would need to make sure they are running on different ports (set in server.xml) and Base URLs, then on the reverse Proxy add in the config for the new Jira similar to the original just on the new port.

There are many other things that can be talked about such as resources on the server, if the apps will be sharing a Disk or Database Engine. If they are new or cloned off the current apps you may need to be careful with email setup etc.

Hope that helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Off-topic

Don't F&*% the planet.

Over the weekend, Atlassian ran a New York Times ad calling on business leaders to join us in committing to a net zero future through the Science-Based Targets Initiative. As part of our gl...

1,173 views 6 39
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you