Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to run the following command in VSCode, cd app, npm install, npm start.

Esther Anyanwu February 10, 2021

I am trying to run the following command in VSCode, cd app, npm install, npm start, but I am not getting the desired result.

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2021

Hi @Esther Anyanwu,

Are you able to describe what you think should happen, and also share what results you are seeing?

Are there any error messages or output you can share in screenshots or copies of the text?

Thanks!

-Jimmy

This stuff is frustrating, I am trying to screenshot the page using Windows key+ Shift + S so I can paste it for you to see it but it's not pasting here.

IMG-20210210-WA0047.jpg

IMG-20210210-WA0045.jpg

Please this is the screenshot of the results I was getting when I ran the cd app, npm install and npm start command, please help me out.

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2021

Hey @Esther Anyanwu

First off, you might find better help form an NPM community, as the Atlassian Community generally has more expertise in the Atlassian tools.  However, looking at the error messages.  Your 'npm start' command wouldn't have worked because the 'npm install' failed to complete.

The error states "Unexpected token g in JSON at position 0..." I've encountered this in the past and it's usually because your package-lock.json conflicts with the package.json file.  I'd suggestion moving it to another directory and trying the install again.

I hope that helps!

-Jimmy

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events