Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can automate Jira Ticker creation from the contents of an Automated Email being sent by AWS

Rohan Singh August 23, 2021

We have alerts being sent by AWS team. The Alert has a Json response.

We need to map sum of the values from JSON in the ticket like severity, product etc and automate the ticket creation for each alert.

Is there anyway this can be achieved on Jira ?

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2021

Hi @Rohan Singh 

One way to solve this might be to have the emails consumed by Jira, use an email handler to create an issue from the email body, and then possibly use an automation rule to perform additional steps, such as parsing JSON content into fields.

Please take a look at the documentation for the email handler and for automation for Jira (A4J) to see how those might meet your use case.  I cannot tell if you are using Cloud or Server/Data Center, but you will want to the specific references for your version.

Best regards,
Bill

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2021

@Rohan Singh The easiest way would be to use the Jira API to get the issue into the issue.  If you do not use the API you will need to use an App like JEHM

Rohan Singh August 23, 2021

Hi @Brant Schroeder can you tell me more about how to use Jira API . Let me know if there is any Documentation I can refer too.

Also is there any direct integration which Jira can offer with AWS Console?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2021

Here is the API - https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/REST/7.6.1/

As far as apps I have not used any but there are a lot of different AWS apps out there.  One of these might be what you are looking for https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?product=jira-service-management&query=AWS

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events