Friday fun: what are your favorite games?

I know there are some people here who play board games, video games, role-playing games, or even those things where people go out in real life and, like, throw and hit things on a field. 

Tell us about your favorite games!

9 answers

1 votes

As Thomas knows, my gaming group has been on a Terraforming Mars kick lately -- that is a great board game.

TableTopia01.jpg

Image credit

With my daughter I have been playing Lego Harry Potter.  The only sports I watch is during the World Cup (go Netherlands!) or Olympics.  

What about you?

1 votes
Maarten Cautreels Community Champion Oct 06, 2017

Current Favo Video Game: Factorio (PC)
All Time Favo Video Game: Halo - The Series (Xbox)

Favo Board Game: Escape Room (yes it's a board game too)

Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Oct 06, 2017

@Maarten Cautreels, Escape Room is really a great game. We already played the first three settings and the expansion Murder Mystery - do. you also know the "Exit"-Games from Kosmos? They are also awesome 😊 

@Thomas you are impossible to @ mention unless you are already in the thread :( 

But now I want to try Escape Room!

Heh, I'm going to an escape room tomorrow!

One variation I enjoyed was "The Room" - less an escape, more "work out how to open a puzzle box", but very well done (mobile devices only I think).  Fireproof games

Our team (plus special guest star @Justin Witz) did an escape room earlier this year. We beat it! It was a blast.

Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Oct 07, 2017

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist], have fun in the room, it's a great experience!

1 votes

Recently, my favorite board game has been Concordia!

Concordia.jpg

I've also been sucked into Divinity: Original Sin 2 on PC!  It's got such an engaging world, characters, that you look at the clock and it is suddenly 2:00 am.

1 votes

I always enjoyed "Kings and Things" - https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/58/kings-things

1 votes

Hmm, most favorite board game, difficult... There are so many... 

I can't nominate just one, here is my list:

- Time Stories (great adventure game on a board)

- Robo Rally (a classic one, the more you are, the more chaos on the board and much more fun)

- Mechs vs Minions (the high-class Robo rally based in the League of Legends - World - so much miniatures and high quality game components, I've never seen a game that is soooo awesome designed and the gameplay is also great. Sold directly from the makers of League of Legends online game)

- Roll for the Galaxy (build your own galaxy using dices)

- Terraforming Mars (Monique already mentioned that)

- King of Tokyo (funny monster bashing dice game)

- Pandemic Legacy (fantastic story, play 12 months and heal the world)

- Splendor (awesome card game)

- Ticket to Ride (all time favorite - everybody loves this)

- Robinson Crusoe (survive on a lonesome island, heavy stuff, not easy to win, you play as a team against the game)

- Scythe (so awesome illustrations, one of the best I've ever seen, and the game is also great)

- Dominion (This was one of the first deck builder games and is still one of my favorites)

- Tzolkin (Worker Placement Game with big wheels on the board, great mechanisms, great game)

- Mice and Mystics (Storytelling adventure board game, survive adventures as little mice, fight against rats, cats, spiders, solve riddles - great story, great illustrations, a lot of fun)

- Stone Age (another classic worker placement game in a Stone Age World)

- Dead of Winter (survive the zombie apocalypse as a team of survivors, hard stuff, sometimes nightmarish, but great gameplay)

- Hit z Road - another zombie game, much easier, dice game, won prices for its graphical design)

- Battlestar Galactica (based on the TV series, but regardless of that, it is really a great game of intrigues and teamwork, someone is a traitor but until the middle of the game, not even the traitor knows that he is)

- Photosynthesis (new one this year, never seen so nice trees on a game and the gameplay is also great)

There are so many more, but I'll stop now, before this is becoming an article on its own :-)

Peter DeWitt Community Champion Oct 06, 2017

Robo Rally is a great one too.  I had to buy one a number of years ago on Ebay as it was out of print.

There's a version from Hasbro today you can buy, but don't do that. Look at the old releases. The Hasbro Robo Rally is so cheaply produced, it's not half the fun anymore.

1 votes
Peter DeWitt Community Champion Oct 06, 2017

Easy for me: Settlers of Catancatan.0.0.jpg.

A classic! 

There's a new release this year: Catan Game of Thrones - looks awesome

0 votes

I'm not really a gamer, but I really enjoy playing the Sims 4, Pokémon, Mario Kart, and Portal. On my phone I've been playing a lot of Tiny Tower, and board/card-game wise I enjoy Exploding Kittens, Monopoly, and Cards Against Humanity.

0 votes

This is a difficult question, but I'll try to sum it up to just a few:

- The Legend of Zelda 

- Point and click games, like the Day of the Tentacle or Sam and Max

- Graphic adventures or Mystery solving games like Hotel Dusk or Ace Attorney/Phonenix Wright for the Nintendo DS.

- And for board games, the Munchkin series is a lot of fun!

This said, I'm not a gamer either, but when I spend time playing those are probably the games I'm doing :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Season Hughes
Posted Thursday in Off-topic

Friday Fun: What's your go-to for cheering up?

When you need a quick pick-me-up, what do you turn to? It could be as simple as a piece of chocolate, a cup of tea, a funny YouTube video. Share your go-tos below!

302 views 24 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot