Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday Fun: Favourite afternoon pick me up?

Danny Zuccaro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2017

Time for more Friday fun! So what do you reach for when you are low energy and need a boost mid afternoon? My personal fav and guilty pleasure is a Crunch bar! Have loved them since my childhood and always gets me going again. 

What is everyone else turning to for that pick me up? 

crunch.jpg

10 answers

Suggest an answer

5 votes
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
December 1, 2017

Definitely a beverage -- La Croix, hot cocoa, or coffee depending on my energy level and what I've already had that day.  If I'm hungry it will typically be popcorn, chips, cheese, or Nutella and banana like @BiancaE!

BiancaE
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 3, 2017

yes! It's basically fruit and nuts, right?

4 votes
Scott Grieder
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2017

Some times thinking about old funny TV show moments or sound bytes will perk me up a bit...

Mmmm.png

4 votes
Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
December 1, 2017

Favorite Friday pick-me-up? An Uber!!

Kidding :) 

This Friday a group of Atlassians are meeting at 3PM and are venturing out to pick up trash in the local neighborhood! Nothing like some urban treasure hunting with teammates to kick your weekend off right. 

Speaking of weekends... have a good one, everybody! 

4 votes
Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2017

Friday, Friday. I plan for social activities, because after a long week I need a break. Sometimes they're even social activities with just me attending, but the idea is there.

4 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 1, 2017

Espresso, and a short walk with headphones playing something energetic.

My doctor tells me that drinking espresso is bad for me (based on the fact he found out my espresso maker makes 6 shots and they're all mine), but it's still a better option than my old habit of nipping out for a cigarette

3 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 1, 2017

I'm a chocolate junkie. I know, it's not good for me, but I can't help it. Shame on me... 

I try not to have chocolate here in my desk, but if I would have to buy some sweets now, I would buy:

chocolate.png

I also like semolina and rice pudding, but of course not in the office...

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2017

I love the Ritter chocolate + mint bars!

3 votes
BiancaE
Atlassian Team
November 30, 2017

I just had banana and Nutella! I was going to take a photo but...there was Nutella everywhere.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
December 1, 2017

My favorite! 

3 votes
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2017

Will the folks on this thread judge me if I say sugar-free Red Bull? 😉

Monique vdB
Community Manager
December 1, 2017

I mean, I'm trying real hard not to but

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 4, 2017

I feel like you're not really trying though? 😉

miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2018

@Erica Moss I definitely backed you before I read it again and saw the "sugar-free". Don't worry, I won't judge.

I judged.

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 15, 2018

@miikhy At least you're honest. 😎

2 votes
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 30, 2017

Getting up for a walk to get the blood moving, and then grabbing a drink- either hot tea or coffee. Sometimes I go for the sugar rush, but usually a crash follows....

0 votes
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 26, 2021

I would go for a beverage like a large Cappuccino / Latte.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events