Welcome Wednesday: What is something that cheers you up immediately?

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
November 4, 2020

It's Wednesday, which makes it the perfect day to welcome some new users to our community! 

This question goes out, as always, to everyone, but especially those if you who are new here. What is something you can do for an instant pick-me-up? 

Yesterday I was sitting on the back deck with a friend, and we watched a flock of tiny birds land on our boulder (excuse me, water feature) and drink and take little baths, and other birds came by too, and it was super adorable and made me feel really happy. All that takes is a bit of time spent on the back deck.

Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 4.03.44 PM.png

Can you spot the 8 birds in this picture?

What about yours? Is it a special song you listen to, a fragrance diffuser, a cup of tea? I'll tag some people in the comments and hope for their advice. I don't promise to try all of them, but I definitely will be trying my favorites! 

6 comments

Comment

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 4, 2020

I find rose a really relaxing scent. I have a lip balm infused with rose oil I use for a quick pick-me-up.

It has been a while since I brought a box, but I used to reserve this special brew for when I needed to (mentally) take myself out of a stressful place for a few minutes so I could continue with the day.

Like Monique vdB likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
November 4, 2020

On the advice of @BiancaE and @Bridget, I just ordered a diffuser and some lavender oil because I feel the same way about lavender. It arrives tomorrow! II think I do have some lavender tea somewhere too. 

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2020

For me? A cup of coffee. There's generally no purer form of joy, no matter how I feel. ☕

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2020

It's simple stuff for me.  Sometimes it's

• a decent cup of tea
  • when something I cook works out as well as I had hoped instead of as well as I expected
  • finding a new thing (Last weekend, I found Nogroni - not quite as good as a Negroni, but still rather good and 0% by volume instead of 30ish)
  • the look the cat gives me after I give in to her demands for a chin or ear-rub
Like Monique vdB likes this
Huwen Arnone
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
November 5, 2020

I'm not new here, but I like the question, and I have two answers for this: Doggos and music ❤(the last one will always depend on my mood: it can go from salsa to hardcore punk). That's instant happiness

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
November 6, 2020

@Huwen Arnone I have been reminding myself of the music thing lately too! I like Broadway cast albums for instant cheer! :) 

Like Huwen Arnone likes this
Huwen Arnone
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
November 10, 2020

I'm alien to those albums; recommend me something please @Monique vdB The closest I've been to those types of albums you mention are musical movie soundtrack albums, and my favorite is the one from Across The Universe (The Beatles.)

brian_goulter November 17, 2020

I like music (mostly jazz or classical).  But I also like playing bridge.  And teaching others how to improve.

Like Dave Liao likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events