Miscellaneous Monday - Last Song Stuck in your Head

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2022

This weekend I had one of those experiences where just mentioning a song lyric had the song stuck in my head for 24 hours.

How did that come to be? 

I was sitting in a large room, but not in the seat I was ultimately assigned to be in. When someone that I knew belonged in that seat approached I told him "Don't worry, ? I'm Movin' On Up ? Jefferson's style".

What I got in return was a blank stare. 

When his mouth finally opened up, and my smile at an attempt at wit faded, he responded "Oh, is that some sort of TV or movie reference? Sorry I was born in 1995".

The only thing my brain could do to respond and react to his answer was to play the theme song from The Jeffersons over, and over, and over again in my head. I guess I was trying to hold on to some semblance of my youth not being erased by this 1995er's lack of cultural reference. Whatever it was, it got stuck in my head. 

Usually this is true, but I liked getting a reminder of some classic 70's television.

Song2.jpg

Of course, I did link to it in the paragraph above though...

Song3.png

So it made me think, this is great post for a Miscellaneous Monday post. What was the last song you remember getting stuck in your head - and how did it get there? 

My wish for everyone in the Atlassian Community is that you should all have a week of Movin On Up ahead!

38 comments

Comment

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2022

ciao @Andy Gladstone ,

each of us lives with a song that stucks in our head. Currently, my song is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrsNY-PkgF0

Happy weeks to all!

Fabio

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 3, 2022

Thanks for sharing! Listening now. I wonder if it's easier not to get non-native language songs stuck in one's head...

Like Summer_Hogan likes this
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 3, 2022

Due to having 4 kids I regularly have kids songs stuck in my head. 
Either because they play them on endless loops like "Baby Shark" or "It's raining Taco's"

Or because they are classics from my youth that were just re-released by a popular kids band here in Belgium called LikeMe. 

I'm not pasting in any youtube links so it won't get stuck in your head :) 

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 3, 2022

@Peter Van de Voorde Yup, kids songs have a tendency to do that. They are designed so the children will drive their parents crazy. It works. Baby Shark du,du,du,du...

Like # people like this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 3, 2022

I've had songs get struck in my head waking up in the morning.  They continue for the day, playing the song does not remove the loop.  The last one was 

Dip Da Dee Da Dee Da Doh Doh

Like # people like this
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 3, 2022

That one brings back fond memories of days and internet memes past :) 

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 3, 2022

@Craig Nodwell this one seems to be stuck in my head after any time I go to a hockey arena. Not sure how it became the defacto between periods challenge song. It's back an implanted in my head now. Thanks.

Like # people like this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 3, 2022

Then there's this one.

Broken Peach 

Like # people like this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 3, 2022

Also these guys released their new album Sept 30th.
I'll be doing this 'Get my things and go' really soon.  Hospital discharge today, and heading to the lake to finish my recovery before returning to work.

Monster Truck Get My Things And Go 

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 3, 2022

I can hear how this one can become a bit of an earworm. But only if you have the visuals of the kids to go with the noise in your brain.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 3, 2022

Jack Stauber's Buttercup - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYDI8b5Nn5s

A friend shared it with me last week and it was playing through my head all day yesterday for some reason.

Like # people like this
Darline Auguste
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
October 3, 2022

I've had Goodbye Toby from The Office stuck in my head all weekend lol!

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 3, 2022

Those high notes. Stuck. Now. In my head.

Like Dave Liao likes this
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 3, 2022

Excellent topic @Andy Gladstone !

Whole month now, can't get this tune out of my head! Brutus "War".

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 3, 2022

Great question @Andy Gladstone and very good timing on this one for me! I went to see DIO: Dreamers Never Die yesterday in the theater and now I can't get "Holy Diver" out of my head! BTW, for any DIO fans out there, the documentary was produced by his wife as a tribute to him and it was really well made! 

Dio.png 

Like # people like this
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 3, 2022

In the past year, I rarely listen to any music. I guess I'm in a period where silence is more precious than any sound. 

Still, when I think about a song, I have one stuck in my head for years. Tied with two of my favorite bands and cozy memories, I'm ready to have it on repeat forever. 

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 3, 2022

Glad you have a go to song to play in your head @Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_. Due to my commute, when I am not catching up on Atlassian content that requires listening I always have my Air Pods in and a playlist of movie scores queued up. But I think I would prefer the silence too if I didn't need to drown out the sound of the train and people.

Like # people like this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 3, 2022

@Andy Gladstone I was song free until reading this post and comments.  Now I have a number of songs in my head that I really did not want to have there.  Great post, even better outcome.  

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 3, 2022

I'm personally relieved that I don't actually KNOW a lot of the songs in this thread, and I'm going to not click on the song links 🤣

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 3, 2022

@Brant Schroeder queue up The Most Interesting Man in the World music...

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 4, 2022
Like # people like this
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 4, 2022

I kept thinking about the GoT theme song now that House of the Dragon is on.

Like # people like this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 4, 2022

Started that series last night.  Now I care about the fate of the characters and I've only done 3 episodes.  

Like # people like this
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 4, 2022

The story is a bit slow in the beginning. It's a lot more interesting now on episode 7.

Like # people like this
vikram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2022

I have to listen my kids songs, and trending telugu language songs 

now the song in mind is

Natu Natu song from RRR -- Director Rajamouli. -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vktceH8ZA0

Ohhhantava Uhhuhuantava 

and

Ra Ra Rakkamma https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3t9agGhWyI 

etc the list goes as my kids play the songs and dance 

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2022

@Andy Gladstone , what a great post for MM! I laughed out loud when I read this. Just this past week my wife and I got the theme from the Green Acres stuck in out heads.

https://youtu.be/umS3XM3xAPk 

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2022

Classic!

Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 22, 2022

I licked the aerial shot at the start of the song. Back in those days!

Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 9, 2022

@Andy Gladstone You always come up with some interesting topics and makes us all think :)

The song thats stuck in my head is: Wasted. Below is the Youtube link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3tfpBxoci4

Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 10, 2022

The song currently stuck in my head is Boston Manor - Inertia.

I discovered them at Graspop Metal Meeting (GMM) '22 and have been a fan since.

The lyrics are quite dark, but I just love their slower songs.

Like # people like this
Johanna Pichotka_APTIS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 11, 2022

At the moment I don't have a song stuck in my head all the time. It's just appears at random times, stays for some time, disappears and then comes back some time later. 

What's funny is is that it started with another song but then a friend always sung this song instead and now it's also stuck in my head. 

It this line: "Let's get down to business to defeat the huns." from Mulan.  

Recently watched it for the first time and I loved it. 

Disney movies and their songs always have my heart. 

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 11, 2022

This is a great topic @Andy Gladstone!

Ok, saying that this is stuck in my head is true, but I also enjoy it so it's not a bad thing.  In my spare time I play video games *cough* for charity *cough*, and the this song I have continued to hum throughout the week.

Like # people like this
Steven Mustari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2022

Right now... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uck5s156F4I

All the way to the next weekend I'm sure! At least this is a good one, we'll see what next weekend brings.

Like # people like this
Deepak Rai
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 19, 2022
Like # people like this
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
October 22, 2022

Wow. Nice. Its been so long i had listened to this song.

Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
October 22, 2022

This post is getting me good play list :) . 

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
vikram
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 27, 2022

My play list will be big as this week I am travelling and listening lot of songs. 

Vikram P

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 27, 2022

The song that stuck in my head is the Duck Song. My kids have been playing that all the time in the car. 

The music video is really silly: )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

-Ben

Karim ABO HASHISH
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 30, 2022

seems to be an international curse no matter where are you from. The Wisdom is, the most thing you avoid or dislike will eventually comes to you.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events