Friday fun: What creative things have you done with Atlassian products?

We have @Zack Seibert's classic JIRA as a beer inventory system article, and on the Atlassian blog, How I ran my kids like an Atlassian tream for a month.  I've heard rumors of a chicken farmer in the Philippines running his chicken farm with JIRA.  

What other creative or fun things have you done with Atlassian products?

2 comments

Zack Seibert Community Champion Sep 01, 2017

@Monique van den Berg I haven't had a chance to write this one up, but lately I've been using a Kanban Board to track my personal goals. Still working out a couple kinks, but it's working pretty well for me! Especially great from the iOS app.

Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 1.30.07 PM.png

Hey, congrats on getting married @Zack Seibert :) 

And I would love to read a writeup on this. I just finished a book called "The To-Do List" and wrote a 122-item to-do list (on top of my 100-item bucket list, and a list of things to do to our house).  Maybe I should kanban this business!

Zack Seibert Community Champion Sep 01, 2017

Thanks! @Monique van den Berg

It's been pretty satisfying to move stuff into the done column. For the shorter-term To-Do stype stuff, I've moved that to Trello. It just didn't feel right to have "Cut the grass" right there next to "Become a Dad."  Haha.

I am building out a Jira to track my dog walking that is booked through the Rover app.

Are you walking the dogs or having your dogs walked?

I am walking the dogs.  I have the household as a Jira ticket for task and enter static or long term information like distance from home or office.  I currently track the date and type of visit, as a comment on the ticket, but contemplating adding them as sub-tasks

Comment

Community showcase
Ignacio Pulgar
Posted Thursday in Off-topic

Friday Fun: What's your favorite quote?

Hi all! You've probably heard a lot of famous quotes: smart, hilarious, inspiring ones... Maybe some of them kind-of related to an Atlassian product? I really love those pieces of wisdom concentrat...

198 views 31 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot