Friday fun: What creative things have you done with Atlassian products?

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 1, 2017

We have @zack's classic JIRA as a beer inventory system article, and on the Atlassian blog, How I ran my kids like an Atlassian tream for a month.  I've heard rumors of a chicken farmer in the Philippines running his chicken farm with JIRA.  

What other creative or fun things have you done with Atlassian products?

4 comments

Comment

zack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2017

@Monique vdB I haven't had a chance to write this one up, but lately I've been using a Kanban Board to track my personal goals. Still working out a couple kinks, but it's working pretty well for me! Especially great from the iOS app.

Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 1.30.07 PM.png

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 1, 2017

Hey, congrats on getting married @zack :) 

And I would love to read a writeup on this. I just finished a book called "The To-Do List" and wrote a 122-item to-do list (on top of my 100-item bucket list, and a list of things to do to our house).  Maybe I should kanban this business!

zack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2017

Thanks! @Monique vdB

It's been pretty satisfying to move stuff into the done column. For the shorter-term To-Do stype stuff, I've moved that to Trello. It just didn't feel right to have "Cut the grass" right there next to "Become a Dad."  Haha.

Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2017

I am building out a Jira to track my dog walking that is booked through the Rover app.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
September 7, 2017

Are you walking the dogs or having your dogs walked?

Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2017

I am walking the dogs.  I have the household as a Jira ticket for task and enter static or long term information like distance from home or office.  I currently track the date and type of visit, as a comment on the ticket, but contemplating adding them as sub-tasks

Ulrika Eriksson July 8, 2020

Haven’t been that crative in using Jira in different ways. But always think of how things can be setup and configured i Jira. There are alot of possibilites in the tool to do many things to handle issues in many different areas.

M Amine
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 29, 2021

Managing Invoicing for a Bank

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events