Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Friday Fun: Mimicry!

Thanks @Jimmy Seddon for the invite for this week Friday fun! It was just a surprise post but I loved to contribute.

I hope you all are having a lovely Friday.  Now, the discussion topic for today is Mimicry!

If you are asked/you wish to/already done mimicry of someone then would you mind sharing your experiences with us?

1. Mimicry character
  2. A  background of your choice
  3. If you have already done then share your experience and reactions from audience
  4. Bonus Point - If you have any humorous photos/animations and if you don't mind sharing

Enjoy the rest of your day and wish you all a lovely weekend!

#TGIF

9 comments

Dave Liao Community Leader Sep 24, 2021

If only I was good at imitating anyone but myself... 😅

Though I'm told I look like Seth Godin - yellow glasses, bald head.

Like # people like this

Looks like it was so much fun!! Keep it up,

Jimmy Seddon Community Leader Sep 24, 2021

I also have not tried imitating anyone.  Though I fell I need to pose the question back to you @Suvradip Paul , have you attempted Mimicry in the past? and do you have some fun photos to share? ;)

Like # people like this

@Jimmy Seddon - I have tried many times starting from school days. I think the last time I tried Sheldon Cooper and it was fun. 

I need to check my drives and old albums if I find any recorded ones.

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Brant Schroeder Community Leader Sep 24, 2021

I like being myself too much to imitate anyone else.  I have been told I look like Gerard Butler if that counts for anything.

Like # people like this

yeah, you do!

@Brant Schroeder but do you have the accent?

That's great @Brant Schroeder . Love to see something in Leonidas or Mike Banning Style.

Brant Schroeder Community Leader Sep 25, 2021

I could try but I doubt I could mimic the accent or even come close.

Like Suvradip Paul likes this
Vero Rivas Community Leader Sep 24, 2021

I love to imitate myself in cartoon version, in fact I use it as a background in my meetings

YO.jpg

Like # people like this

That's awesome @Vero Rivas!

Like # people like this
Ajay _view26_ Community Leader Sep 26, 2021

This is cool @Vero Rivas 

Wow!  great job.

John Funk Community Leader Sep 25, 2021

I would like to try to mimic @Jack Brickey but I am too fat to pull off the skeleton. 

Like # people like this

I would like to mimic someone, but I find it hard enough to be me... LOL.

@Marjorie  - Don't be afraid! I think it's fair, you can try in front of mirror too.

I always was in fond of people who could mimic others. I find very amusing that plenty of American and English actors/actresses can easily mimic others. I think it's a talent that can be taught and would be awesome if I could do that!

I always quote IT Crowd and I try to mimic the characters voices and mannerisms but it usually comes out awful :)

Don't be shy @Kristin Lyons . Just try it!

I love to imitate is Khaby Lame, he has become famous for disproving the most absurd life hacks on social networks.

The mimicry is simple....but I love it! 

khaby-really.gif

Thanks for haring @Paloma Fondon Araujo , he is a gem and his expressions... omg! If you too tired after busy day it acts like that beverage back at home.  

Like Paloma Fondon Araujo likes this

hahaha he expresses a lot with very little, he's great!

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Off-topic

🏸 Atlympic Event: Community!

Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! badges! fun!) please read...

915 views 31 24
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you