The No-Year-Resolution: Another 365 Days of Sunrise

Hey, Community friends!

2020 was full of surprises, and still, we moved through it like a wind. Our companies and teams developed new strategies for work, collaboration, engagement, and even building an entirely different team culture from scratch. All who are now focused on their New Year Resolution lists - guys, it sounds like a tough one this year! Good that I don't have any.

Company new-year-resolutions and goals? Yeah, sure!

Personal? I'll pass.

I strongly believe that action drives motivation, and being committed to action is the key to master the no-year-resolution approach. I'll keep it personal and share my key aspects of following and achieving a plan, and leave the work-related article for later.

Make the step towards your goal Now.

Stop using Monday, the beginning of the month of the year, for an excuse, and start right away. Want to change the way you work? Open a blank page and share thoughts with yourself. New diet? See what you already got in the fridge and start your meal plan; if the rest of the food is incompatible, give it away or cook for a friend. You want to improve your writing skills? Write an article and publish it despite the little shaming voice in your head (yup, I started it this way).

The first step is always the hardest, so do it sooner than later.

When there is an opportunity, catch it.

We humans have the bad habit of "having no time" for the things we want to achieve in life, but it usually is just a badly structured daily routine. Don't lose the opportunity for "not having time." Jump right in and start preserving 5-6 minutes a day to work on it. You'll see how smooth the process will fit in your daily schedule.

If your motivation is ice cold, give it a sunrise.

I was born as an early bird. My most precious time of the day is somewhere around 6 to 6:30 AM, patiently waiting for the sunrise with a warm coffee in hand. Seeing the world awakes has always been my biggest motivation to strive for a good, (preferably) productive day ahead, and it's giving the fulfilling beauty-shot that my soul needs. (smile)

I hope my three simple rules to brighten your day, and if not, enjoy some moments of sunrise. 🌿

atlassian-community-january-sunrise-02.jpgatlassian-community-january-sunrise-03.jpgatlassian-community-january-sunrise-04.jpgatlassian-community-january-sunrise-05.jpgatlassian-community-january-sunrise-06.jpgatlassian-community-january-sunrise-07.jpg

9 comments

Comment

Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2021

Hi @Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_ ,

Really an awesome article! I really liked the points and the wallpapers/images too.

+1 for you and you are doing great, All The Best!

Regards,

Soumyadeep

Like # people like this
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2021

Thank you @Soumyadeep Mandal - SaM!

All the best to you too! 💙

Like # people like this
Capi [resolution]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 13, 2021

Love those sunrises @Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_ ! Where did you take them?

Like # people like this
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2021

Thanks, @Capi [resolution]! I have the awesome luck to have this view from my balcony and the dining room :)

(I live in Sofia(Bulgaria))

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2021

Great article @Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_!  Thank you for sharing!

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 16, 2021

@Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_  Thank you for your article! :) So positive emotions to see sunrise

Community Leader
Community Leader
January 18, 2021
Like Gonchik Tsymzhitov likes this
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2021

@Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_ ,

What a wonderful article, thank you 👍

Totally agree with your phrase:

Jump right in and start preserving 5-6 minutes a day to work on it. 
You'll see how smooth the process will fit in your daily schedule.

Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2021

Thank you, @Alexander Bondarev! I feel like most of my skills are developed with 5-minute actions :) 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events