Did you mean: 

The Admin's Tale - Work from here - Day 2

dock.jpg

Day 2

I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Watchin' the tide, roll away
I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
Wastin' time

No, that's not what Santa's singing today. This is my own song. I'm trying to work with my headphones on but - I'm just sitting and wastin' time.

But let me start in the beginning. Yesterday, when I stopped work and went to bed I heard Santa searching through the pile of last year's not-delivered presents.

"It must be somewhere here, I'm sure, it was so big, it didn't fit through the chimney." he mumbled. I didn't expect anything bad, but when I woke up, I heard unknown voices, voices I never heard before in our hut. Familiar on the one hand, but not here at the North Pole.

I rubbed my eyes and ears but the voices were still there. I trotted out of the bed room and was blinded by a big enormous TV screen showing a green ugly something which I soon recognized as one of my best friends, the Grinch. And a big red one in front of the screen - Santa - and a lot of smaller green ones around him - my brothers and sisters.

tv.jpg

Santa discovered Netflix - he often delivered these vouchers to the kids, but he never understood, what this Netflix is. Because of me working from here, we now have a little bit of internet at the North Pole and he wanted to try it, just for a few minutes - there are a lot of vouchers left in the pile, enough for years...
A few minutes, haha - they were watching Christmas movies the whole night long, one after the other. And they still do.

Remember his complaints a few days ago: "We don't need this modern useless stuff here". "What do I care about my chitchat from yesterday", he said today before he started with "The Nightmare before Christmas".

And so I'm sitting, wasting time. Waiting for every single bit coming through the small wire which is totally blocked by Christmas movies. Shall I pull the TV plug? 

Sittin' in the mornin' sun
I'll be sittin' when the evenin' comes
Watchin' the ships roll in
Then I watch 'em roll away again

Tip of the day: Your internet connection has to be really fast if you are not alone in your hut and all the others have to stay at home without anything to do.

I didn't pull the plug - while watching Christmas movies, they do not disturb me. Instead I ordered a faster connection today. It will be activated tomorrow. The Queen of Hearts has to wait. Zoom is definitely not possible today.

Song of the day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTVjnBo96Ug

Here you can find where the journey began

And here are the next days

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events