Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Baby - Jira Work Management

Most of you will use Atlassian tooling in their professional context and mostly work related I’d guess.

It was the same for me, my whole professional career is build around Atlassian tools.

And while I had al the structure I wanted in my job, I lacked a lot of structure at home.

When Jira Work Management got launched I was a fan from day one.

I started to organise my second job (farming) inside JWM, set up a home project to manage my tasks, …

When suddenly, the 2 bars on the pregnancy test appeared (yeah, its not only covid tests that work with 2 bars).

Oh boy, this is going to be a big project - JWM to the rescue!

Project Baby was “born”

image-20220214-205544.png 

Everything starts with a List:

image-20220214-111850.png

And getting your wife on Jira.

In a second she got on board, creating tasks and assigning stuff.

"Great, lets see if we can order some stickers for the gifts…"

"No silly we need to pick a name first…"

Right, we got some dependency’s, timeline view to the rescue!

image-20220214-112126.png

What a tool o what a tool!

Now, few months later, it was time for project delivery.

As there is no way to plan/time that, and having your baby as an issue in Jira might get too freaky, we left that out of the system and over to nature.

I’m very proud to present to you all:

Mil Coppens

4.240kg

55cm

26 January 2022

IMG_0786.jpeg

12 comments

Comment

Winston February 14, 2022

@Laurens Coppens This is amazing and lovely to hear!

I just started using Jira a month ago and I'm so excited about all the possibilities! Still struggling a bit with planning properly and knowing which project type to go with, but so great.

I'm about to apply for grad school and I want to put it all up on Jira, maybe you can help :)

Like Laurens Coppens likes this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2022

All I can say is congratulations @Laurens Coppens! Great article.

Laurens Coppens
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2022

@Winston always willing to help!

Project type is quite easy:

Need a customer portal - Go for JSM

Need boards, sprints, development tools - Go for JSW

All others should fit under JWM (there you have a kanban board, timeline view, list view)

We used to create our business projects under JSW because we wanted to use kanban boards, now with JWM we can do it all in there.

If you are new to jira, make sure to check out the atlassian university, it has a bunch of course material that will help you out!

Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 15, 2022

Wow, this will lead right into this:

https://www.atlassian.com/blog/2013/03/jira-jr

Like # people like this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 19, 2022

Congratulations @Laurens Coppens

Love seeing these real life/non business JWM projects 

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 19, 2022

Congrats @Laurens Coppens!  This is one of the coolest use cases I have seen for JWM yet!

Pieter Goeminne March 1, 2022

Congrats @Laurens Coppens 

roto
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 22, 2022

Wow this is amazing @Laurens Coppens ! Congratulations for delivering the Mil Coppens project, what a way to manage parent-child relationship! 

Like Ron Levy likes this
Ron Levy
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 24, 2022

Congrats @Laurens Coppens on behalf of the entire Jira Work Management team! 

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 4, 2023

@Laurens Coppens - I'd ask for a template project so I could re-use it, but my Dutch is pretty bad. 🤣

Laurens Coppens March 6, 2023

@Dave Liao does this mean i can congratulate you?

If yes, congraaaaats!!!!! Lets drink on it in Vegas!

Like Dave Liao likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 6, 2023

@Laurens Coppens - oh nooooo, I was just being proactive! 🤣

Like Dirk Ronsmans likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events