cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks!! and Giving Thanks!

Billy Poggi AUG NOVA_ DC
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2018

This is the post where I shout out loud how thankful I am for all the cool stuff I've learned while hanging out with Altassian.  

Atlassian = the people + the technology

One might even say it is a team of people AND technology.  One wouldn't exist without the other.  

...but I know I wouldn't be as well of today if it weren't for all the people in the community that helped me get to where I am today.  

@rachel wright  was the original Leader for the NOVA AUG.  She sucked me in with all of her knowledge and skills.  Since then I've met many more leaders, all with great insights and fantastic experiences that have helped me shape into the person I am now.  

@justin witz ( <- why can't I find your name in here? )  solid dude pushing the groups forward :)

@kimberly deal - always pushing new things forward.

@Fadoua - helping in every way she can, online and in person

@dominic price <- has even been online supporting many of the awesome ideas that the world is pushing for.  

@Lizzie_Rogers , @victoria guido, @Erin Blakley, and @beth have also taught me the awesome-ness that is a dynamic team.  

@dana jansen, @michelle simkonis have been working with(teaching me) the longest, about all aspects of teams and what it takes to volunteer.   

To everyone else, who I didn't list, if we've met, you've taught me something.  And for that, I'm thankful :)

Happy Holidays Everyone!  

5 comments

Comment

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 20, 2018

I am thankful that I got to meet you guys as well! Great team to work with and so many wonderful Atlassian people who trusted me and made me a Community Champion @Erica Moss @Monique vdB @Bridget Sauer  and special thanks for the person who introduced me to the Champions World @carolyn french 

Like Erica Moss likes this
Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2018

@Fadoua What would we do without you, my dear? I am so thankful for you, too. 😄 Great idea for a post, @Billy Poggi AUG NOVA_ DC!

Like Fadoua likes this
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 21, 2018

@Fadoua that's so sweet of you- thank you back for continuing to be an inspiration! Hope to see you again in person soon :) Love this time of year that reminds us to be grateful for those in our lives. I'm grateful for everyone who puts time into Community- makes me happy to be a part of the champions team. 

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
November 20, 2018

@Justin ^^^

@Dominic Price ^^^

Not sure why I could tag them but you couldn't; probably my godlike powers. ;) 

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 20, 2018

@Monique vdB Yes we need your magic wand I am having problems tagging people

Thank you!

Billy Poggi AUG NOVA_ DC
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 20, 2018

@Monique vdB it's these 'com-pute-Rs' that are so advanced now ;) 

Thanks for everything you do too!  

Dominic Price
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2018

Folks, we're forever indebted to all of you in the community for the amazing work you do connecting people. Your passion and care, are on display on a regular basis, and so THANK YOU from me personally, and from Atlassian.

Like # people like this
Billy Poggi AUG NOVA_ DC
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 20, 2018

This guy ^^^^ !!!  He's so awesome, I got a haircut to match his!  :) Thanks @Dominic Price!! 

Like Celina Zamora likes this
Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 26, 2018

Thanks @Billy Poggi AUG NOVA_ DC

Super Thankful I get to be an AUG Leader with you. Would love to chat more with you on all sorts of things again soon.

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Like Celina Zamora likes this
Celina Zamora January 8, 2019

@Billy Poggi AUG NOVA_ DC you truly are a unicorn. You have taught us all the importance and value of "community". Personally, you've taught me to be truly invested in others' experiences and feedback. To create an environment that is open, fun, and motivating. Your positivity, expertise, your dedication, and genuine interest to help others learn/grow is priceless. Thank you for always lifting others up and being such an influential guide, both professionally and personally. Thank you again! 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events