Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topic Tuesday : Stickers. Are you ready to commit?

Billy Poggi AUG NOVA_ DC
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2018

Hello Everyone, 

Billy here.

At our last meetup, the topic of stickers came up.    

I like to add as often as I can and really mix it up.  Especially with color.  

I know some like a more _refined_ configuration with careful alignment and simplistic minimalism.  

Where do you find yourself ?  Not ready to commit or just too excited about all of them to only pick on?  

I think I want to get a hamburger sticker next.  I like hamburgers.  

IMG_20180827_102955.jpg

8 comments

Comment

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2018

Wow! Look awesome :)

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 28, 2018

I clearly need to branch out!

20180828_120306.jpg

Billy Poggi AUG NOVA_ DC
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2018

Look at that :Awesome: Awesome sticker!  How do we get those ? :)

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 28, 2018

I got mine from @Test User KL but no idea where it came from!

Billy Poggi AUG NOVA_ DC
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 28, 2018

@armadillo1985 so what's up...?  #theheroweneed 

Kevan Lin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 28, 2018

haha i have no idea how i got mine too! There was a sticker sheet before summit last year? Maybe?

Billy Poggi AUG NOVA_ DC
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 28, 2018

How cool is this?  @Michael Kimathi /(AUG Nairobi, Kenya/) posted from Kenya!!  

Nairobi, Kenya AUG

We've got the same kind of swag as they do!  

Chris Nicosia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2018

I think I have a taco sticker from heyTaco app that you have have @Billy Poggi AUG NOVA_ DC ;)

Billy Poggi AUG NOVA_ DC
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 29, 2018

I love tacos!! :)

Andrew Yarrow August 28, 2018

I've never had the guts to load up my laptop with stickers.... what happens if I get a new laptop? If I decide I want a different look? Do I want to alter the look of my Mac, it's so pretty!

Despite that I am a self proclaimed sticker hoarder.... here are a small handful I dug up from my desk drawer.

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" is probably my favorite Atlassian sticker to this day.

IMG_3396.png

Billy Poggi AUG NOVA_ DC
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 29, 2018

No time like the present...  

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2018

@Andrew Yarrow I, too, have a hard time committing to putting stickers on my laptop — it feels so permanent! I have an entire Ziploc bag full. 🙈

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2018

So many familiar "faces", cool. I have the same attitude towards stickers, btw. 

Billy Poggi AUG NOVA_ DC
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 29, 2018

Maybe start with a laptop case and put stickers on one of those...

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 29, 2018

Not sure it's a good idea :)

We'll need some kind of fabric-based stickers, the regular ones will wear out in no time at all.

BillyP
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 30, 2018

Yeah, not the laptop bag, but a hard case for the laptop itself.  

https://smile.amazon.com/MOSISO-Plastic-Compatible-MacBook-Models/dp/B07CVTX93P/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1535635227&sr=8-6&keywords=mac+hard+case&dpID=31fp-MSQTKL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpsrc=srch

This way the case comes off along with all the sticker mess and POOF, brand new again!  :)

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 30, 2018

Oh, I see :) This guy will certainly do.

Thanks for a hint!

BillyP
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 30, 2018

Here to help!! :)

Aswin Achuthan
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 30, 2018

I am picky when it comes to laptop stickers and used to often replace with newer ones! Aswin-MBP.png

BillyP
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 30, 2018

I LOVE that :Awesome: sticker!  

Monique vdB
Community Manager
August 30, 2018

We're just making you jealous at this point @BillyP 🙃

Aswin Achuthan
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 30, 2018

@Monique vdB Yeah I agree 😂😂
@BillyP I have one extra :Awesome: sticker. I'll give it to you in our next meet up 😊

BillyP
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 30, 2018

Woot!  We're making plans for the week of the 24th in Sept.  Both DC and Northern Virginia !!

Aswin Achuthan
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 21, 2018

@BillyP I think there is one scheduled on Sep 27th. If you can't make it to that, I can ship it to you 

BillyP
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 22, 2018

I got some stickers from Summit and @Monique vdB game me some :awesome: :)

IMG_20180922_164012-2.jpg

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 1, 2018

You've got some very colorful stickers, @Billy Poggi AUG NOVA_ DC! Loving the Atlassian Design Labs one, creative designer.

I used to shun stickers for a while, then I really went all in. The hard case for the laptop is great for this (mine is showing its age though, may be time for a new purchase). Otherwise, I'd never be able to commit to so many... 

20180901_135454.jpg

Billy Poggi AUG NOVA_ DC
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 2, 2018

Yes!!! @[deleted] woot woot!!  And a NOVA AUG Member alum too!!  I like the heart!

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 1, 2018

"Hear me code" is awesome :) 

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 3, 2018

Totally! Cool that you've heard of it :)

BillyP
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 3, 2018

Woot, posting during Summit!  @Monique vdB please award @carolyn french double points :)

Monique vdB
Community Manager
September 5, 2018

Double Mo points for you, @carolyn french!

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 5, 2018

I'll take it! Also, award @BillyP (the sans beard one), double Mo points for posting during Summit, por favor :)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events