Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did Atlassian Access nonprofit licensing change from free to 75%.

vgknsf April 21, 2023

Why did Atlassian Access nonprofit licensing change from free to 75%.

On this page it still says Access is free for academic and community. 

https://www.atlassian.com/software/access/pricing

Are there any discounts for Community or Academic Institutions?hide details -

Atlassian Access is available for free to eligible Community and Academic customers

2 answers

2 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Metin Savignano September 20, 2023

Has this been changed in the meantime?

In the Purchasing & Licensing FAQ, it now states 

Atlassian also offers free Data Center (self-managed) licenses for registered charitable non-profit organizations that are non-government, non-academic, non-commercial in nature, non-political, and have no religious affiliation.

So it looks like there is a non-profit discount of 75% for Cloud, but self-managed is actually free.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 21, 2023

Hi @vgknsf ,

I'm unaware of a change in discounts for Atlassian Access, as you mentioned there is public documentation stating it is free for qualifying nonprofits:

• Community license request form 
    Atlassian’s Community offerings include free self-managed Data Center licensing or cloud subscriptions at 75% off list price. Atlassian Access is available at no cost.
  • Purchasing FAQ
    We also offer free subscriptions to Atlassian Access for qualifying charitable non-profit organizations, which offers enterprise-grade security and centralized administration across all your Atlassian cloud products.

Is there someplace in particular you're seeing a statement of 75% of cost? Or a particular quote number I can reference?

Thanks,
Daniel

vgknsf April 21, 2023

On https://www.atlassian.com/software/views/community-license-request I am seeing 

Atlassian Access

Atlassian is proud to offer a 75% discount to qualifying non-profit organizations.

Atlassian Access enables visibility and security across all Atlassian accounts and cloud products at your organization (not on single cloud sites). Estimate the cost of Atlassian Access for your organization using theAtlassian Access pricing calculator  (commercial prices shown).

Like Jeff Tillett likes this
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 21, 2023

Great, thank you for the additional detail. I was able to find it on the licensing request page as well after filling out some details and selecting Access as the product being requested.

I've reached out to our Customer Advocate team for assistance since there seems to be some mismatch. Will keep you updated!

Taylor Light
Atlassian Team
April 21, 2023

Hi @vgknsf / @Daniel Eads -

My name is Taylor, I work on the Atlassian Foundation team and lead our product impact efforts in support of nonprofit customers.

I can confirm that Atlassian Access and Bitbucket Cloud are offered for free for  Community licenses (qualifying nonprofits). Our 75% discount for Community licenses includes the following products:

• Trello

• Atlas

• Jira Software Cloud - Standard/Premium

• Jira Work Management Cloud

• Jira Service Management Cloud - Standard/Premium

• Confluence Cloud - Standard/Premium

• Statuspage (Monthly Plans only)

• Atlassian-built Marketplace Apps

• Third-Party Marketplace Apps

TAGS
AUG Leaders