Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I could benefit from assistance.

Angela Even October 20, 2023

Is anyone looking or aware of anyone who is interested in working for a non-profit on commission? I am considering an extremely high percentage of profit for payment via a commission structure. This means the person with the skills and the reach really has a limitless amount of money to earn. The more you raise the more you earn. Sounds pitchy and scammy. It is not.  I just need help making this happen. I need funding and donations and I am operating alone. 

Any thoughts on the idea? Any issues with the structure? Was any legal aspect overlooked? 

2 answers

2 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Elsie October 20, 2023

It is unethical for fundraising professionals' compensation to be based on the amount raised. Per the Association of Fundraising Professionals Code of Ethical Standards:  "Members shall not accept compensation or enter into a contract that is based on a percentage of contributions; nor shall members accept finder’s fees or contingent fees."

https://afpglobal.org/sites/default/files/attachments/2019-03/CodeofEthics.pdf

Also -- yes, sounds totally scammy -- and slimy. Not an advisable structure. Imagine trying to explain it to donors. And if you plan to hide it, imagine  explaining it to a donor who discovers the payment structure....even harder.  

1 vote
Answer accepted
Metin Savignano October 20, 2023

Sounds pitchy and scammy.

That’s correct.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events