Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Log-Time Tracking

Oshadhi Vindhyani February 8, 2024

Hi all, 

I want to create reports based on spent time for each members for each project. All the team members add their time spend on task. But problem is if few members work on same task and add spend time to same task how can I separately get their time to reports. Is there a way to do this using advance filters or different method.  

Jira Cloud Standard Plan, Admin access  

7 answers

3 accepted

Suggest an answer

3 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2024

Hello @Oshadhi Vindhyani 

It is not possible to get that type of report with native Jira functionality. You will have to look for a third party app, such as the ones requested by the other responders.

Thank you so much. 

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dániel Ballabás - EverIT
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 8, 2024

Hi @Oshadhi Vindhyani 

this is Daniel from EverIT - we have a Timetracker plugin on the Marketplace - one of many in the time-tracking category.

In our app, we provide two quick overview reports for each issue, both of them on a per-user level. One of them shows the total sum of worklogs per-user in the actual month of checking it, and the other (on the right in the screenshot below), is the total lifetime sum of the issue. 
tt issue view.jpg

We also offer an upgrade to the worklog creation user experience, with either a start-stop timer on the issue, or a customizable worklog editor. As you can see, you can add your own tags for categorizing the work done, or use the billable-nonbillable mark.

tt issue view editor.png

In addition to this, we provide more detailed reports inside the app. You can read more about them from our documentation (available through the link above), or we'd be happy to show them in a free demo session.

Best,
Daniel

Thank you so much I'll take a look. 

1 vote
Answer accepted
Yuliia Hushcha _Reliex_ February 8, 2024

Hi @Oshadhi Vindhyani 

Considering the use of a plugin, I recommend ActivityTimeline for your needs. Beyond basic time tracking, ActivityTimeline offers the ability to categorize work logs.

ActivityTimeline also offers to report by diverse categories: project, epic, and custom fields, so you know where the time is getting spent. 

Get simple reports

You can generate Timeline and Detailed Timesheet reports, organizing data by category to gain insights into time allocation for different types of tasks.

To do this, navigate to the Track module, open the 'Advanced' tab, and select 'Group by Category'.
image-20220620-143948.png

if you have any questions, feel free to text me or schedule a free demo session for answering your questions:) 

I'll take a look. Thank you for this answer. 

Like Yuliia Hushcha _Reliex_ likes this
0 votes
Miron Ivano _Timescale_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 26, 2024

Hi Oshadhi,

Unfortunately JIRA does not provide such report by default. There are manu plugins that yuo can use for that purpose. 

Our clients find below user time spent reports very use-full for their goals. You can check it out here: Timescale

2ba095bd-4d81-4f38-a3dd-56162e793785.gif

0 votes
Gracjan Wesołowski _HeroCoders_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2024

Hi @Oshadhi Vindhyani 

you might consider using time-tracking apps that in most cases have a customizable report of tracked time on issues.

I can recommend our Clockwork Automated Time Tracking & Timesheets Pro app, which offers you the possibility to review timesheets and create reports that can be configured in various ways using break-down and filtering options.

We have an option to create a team and filter the data based on that. It will show you users even if they didn't track time. 

Please find below the sample of how the timesheet looks like:

gif (1).gif

If you have any questions you can contact us via our help center.

Cheers!

Gracjan

0 votes
Amay Purohit_RVS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2024

Hi @Oshadhi Vindhyani 

Not sure if the native reports can help with detailed resource level time tracking.

If you would like to try out a mkt place app, you try the add-on we have developed.

Worklogs Time Tracking & Timesheets

The app allows to filter/Categorize/Group By your worklogs data and a timesheet view too to track individual time spent. 

Disclaimer : I work for the vendor who built this app

Worklogs.PNG

0 votes
Deniz Oğuz
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 8, 2024

Hi @Oshadhi Vindhyani 

If you don't need to do this reporting very often, you can export issue details to .csv file using "Issue Navigator". If you export "all fields", the .csv file will contain a column for every worklog. Within the worklog column you will have "username", "date", "work description" and "time in seconds" separated by ";" You can split it using "Text to Columns" feature of Excel. Once they are in Excel, you can generate various reports yourself. This doesn't require any add-on.

If you need to do this continuously, you will need a time tracking application. There are lots of time tracking applications in the marketplace. Like every vendor, I want to recommend our own app, WorklogPRO. It is free to try and free for up to 10 users. It can generate user-based reports you are looking for.  It is developed using Atlassian's latest cloud development framework, Forge. Forge provides a more secure environment. Even we can't access your worklogs.  You can find more information in our wiki.

worklogpro-cloud-your-work.jpg

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events