Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide Subtask on parent issue

Balaji Sankar April 22, 2022

I have created multiple Subtask for all the parent issues.

for example (Story - Story Subtask) (Bug - Bug Subtask)

In that, I would like to show up relevant subtask create, the rest of the subtask needs to be hidden on the parent issue. 

3 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2022

Hi @Balaji Sankar 

To limit issue types you can use script runner behaviours. Your behaviours should check issue type and limit subtask issue types based on that.

This is example how to limit issue types: - https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/5.5.7/jira/recipes/behaviours/restricting-issue-types.html

Regards,

Seba

Balaji Sankar April 25, 2022

Hi Seba,

Thanks for your suggestion, it's a good idea as you said. But my requirement is to implement on Cloud Jira.

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2022

@Sebastian Krzewiński -

@Sebastian Krzewiński point is a good one.  Can clarify your ask with a bit more information.  are you trying to restrict issue types listing to be selected from when one creates sub-tasks, then ScriptRunner Behaviours provides the solution.

However, you need to know that currently Behaviours component of Script Runner for Jira add-on is not available for Jira Cloud env.  It is only available for the server/DC env.

Best, Joseph

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2022

@Balaji Sankar -

Welcome to the community.  It is not possible to achieve what you are asking.  Subtask(s) should only be created against parent issue as needed basis.  Once a subtask is created for a given parent issue, it is going to be visible and cannot be hidden.

Can you explain your reasoning behind "created multiple Subtask for all the parent issues"? 

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Balaji Sankar April 25, 2022

Hi @Joseph Chung Yin

Please find the screenshot

Sub task.png

I have my requirement to show up the "sub task" on parent issue only. 

now you watching the screenshot from "Story" issue type.

Here i can make some restriction to create a "Bug Subtask" by Workflow Validator. 

The thing is, relevant sub task only show on parent issue, it's concern about a user only.

Thanks & Regards

Balaji Sankar   

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 25, 2022

@Balaji Sankar -

You have already marked "Accept Answer" associated with the other one's suggestion of using ScriptRunner.

It seems that your question is not answered.  In this case, it seems that you were able to restrict the Subtask issue type listing (custom one - Bug Subtask) via WF validator.  If so, then you can apply the same concept/design by

1) Ensuring that all of your parent issue types are not using the same WF.  If not, clone your existing WF and apply it to your different parent issue types.  Where you can adjust the Subtask issue type listing accordingly.

I am interested on what you meant by using Workflow validator to control issuetype listing. Please provide more details, so I can assist further.

The main point is that your question is still not anwsered.

Best, Joseph 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events