Display time spent in time instead of hours

Ashanti Jayasena May 9, 2023

Hi all, I'm new to time tracking. When I enter the original estimate in hours, it automatically changes it to a time stamp. EG: 15hrs -> 3 a.m. I don't know how to fix this. Has anyone had the same issue? How can I fix it to display in hours? Any help is appreciated. Thanks! 

Estimates.jpg 

3 answers

2 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2023

@Ashanti Jayasena -

Welcome to the community.  Time Tracking format is defined with Settings>>Issues>> Time tracking configuration.  You will need to be the system admins to be able to adjust the configuration.

2023-05-09_14-06-48.png

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kai Becker
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2023

Hi @Ashanti Jayasena ,

welcome to the community. If you want to enter a value in hours, it would be 15h not 15hrs.
I'm not sure if this fixes your issue, but at least thats the format Jira expects.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 9, 2023

I agreed with Kai that when enter in time spent against issues, you need to follow the m, h, d, w format.

5 hours will be entered as 5h etc...

Best, Joseph

0 votes
Ashanti Jayasena May 10, 2023

Thank you so much both of you. I got our JIRA admin to do the changes that was suggested and changed the format that was suggested and it worked. :) I appreciate this very much.

Kai Becker
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2023

Perfect. Glad we could help :)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events