Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard for Service Management

Bharath
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 21, 2021

Hi All, I hope you are doing great.

I am working on finding possible tools within Atlassian for a service management dashboard, which would include metrics such as Average handling time, SLA, number of tickets assigned/resolved, quality scores etc. I tried exploring but could not find anything close and Jira dashboards are not so customizable to an extent.

Any suggestions on what we could use?

PS: This would be for our team handling the front-line support, NOT the managers/leaders.

Thanks in advance!!

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Josh Costella
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2022

@Bharath Hi. Did you try building any reports within the JSM project itself? I believe you could get most of what you are looking for through a mix between reports from here and regular dashboard gadgets. 

I'd also consider making a kanban board that displays the tickets from your project that you need to track. There are built-in reports in those that can give you some of the metrics you are looking for as well.

jsm reports.jpg

Bharath
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 24, 2022

Hi @Josh Costella , I tried using the Jira dashboards, but honestly they have extremely limited customization options.

0 votes
Medhat Ahmed November 21, 2021

Hi Bharath

this is exist by default in jira service management:

1- create a dashboard for your team and add gadgets on it and you will find alot of gadgets that helps on this.

Note: if you find some aspects you want to report but they aren't appear in jira you can create a custom field for it so you can use it on reporting and dashboard.

2- if you can't find what you want on default jira gadgets I recommend to use add-on "EazyBI" https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211051/eazybi-reports-and-charts-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview 

Please let me know if I answer your questions or not.

Best Regards,

Medhat

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2021

I fully agree with EazyBI, with the build in reporting you'll find that you are lacking a lot of metrics.

EazyBI takes a more BI approach to the whole thing so you are lot more flexible in creating certain measures/calculated columns and historical trends. 

It does take some knowledge in building these dashboards but you'll be able to analyze both your own work with it and also present some of it to management if the need arrises.

Like Bharath likes this
Bharath
Atlassian Team
November 22, 2021

Hi @Medhat Ahmed & @Dirk Ronsmans ,

Thanks for your prompt responses. The Jira dashboard uses a filter based query, which is universal and not specific to person, which will cause an issue with data confidentiality. Also the page doesn't allow you to use different page view settings.

Lastly, Atlassian doesn't allow third part apps for internal employees, which is why I was looking for alternatives.

Regards,

Bharath

Roberts Čāčus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2021

Hi @Bharath 

You can explore sample reports and dashboards in the eazyBI Demo accounts. JSM specific Demo account - https://eazybi.com/accounts/1001/dashboards/8347-sla-overview.

A general overview where eazyBI can come in handy and what it is capable of - https://eazybi.com/accounts/1000/dashboards/14871-chart-types.

And thank you guys @Medhat Ahmed  and @Dirk Ronsmans  for suggestion eazyBI.

Best,

Roberts // support@eazybi.com

Like Bharath likes this
Bharath
Atlassian Team
November 22, 2021

Hi @Roberts Čāčus ,

Thanks for sharing this. Unfortunately, I am not allowed to use any third party apps.

Best,

Bharath

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events