You can now move fields to the left side of the new issue view

Matthew Canham
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 22, 2020

Hi Atlassian Community,

Last month we rolled out Pinned Fields, a feature users tell us they love, which allows you to keep your most important fields pinned at the top of an issue. Today we’re continuing our journey to make the new issue view’s layout more powerful by allowing project-admins to move fields between the left and right hand sides.

We know that the top-left of the issue view is prime screen space and should be reserved for only the most important fields. Now, you can easily drag fields of any type over to the left hand side of an issue from the project layout configuration page. Fields like priority, assignee, reporter, or any custom context field can all be shown on the left.

Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 11.59.24 am.png

We recently released a Demo Den video where we showed off the power of this and other features that we will be rolling out soon. You can watch the video here.

Thank you for all of your support while we deliver these important improvements. Next up we are working on displaying Tabs on the left hand side of an issue, just like they were in the old issue view. As we progress with this and other changes we’ll keep you updated on the relevant JRACLOUD tickets and right here on Community.

Kind regards,

Matt

7 comments

Comment

Jehosúa Ibuarben November 22, 2020

Thanks. That’s some kind of step forward for those of us who argue against the new issue view. But, do we still have to configure it per project? Then, it’s not really a solution to this important issue. 

Like Hanna Pososhenko likes this
Jeanne Howe November 23, 2020

@Matthew Canham 

I agree with @Jehosúa Ibuarben We set up screens and screen schemes for a reason. If I then have to go into 200+ projects and "set" the screen layout AGAIN, than this is not a solution

Matthew Canham
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 17, 2020

Hi @Jehosúa Ibuarben & @Jeanne Howe, we are working on solving this at the moment. Follow JRACLOUD-71630 for updates as we progress.

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2020

That will be a fantastic addition!

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2020

This is Awesome! Thanks so much for getting this implemented!!

Like Matthew Canham likes this
Arthur Mack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2020

This is great, just what we needed.

Like Matthew Canham likes this
Gustavo Monsalve - 3digits December 4, 2020

Hi @Matthew Canham

Can it also be configured in Service Desk projects?

That these custom fields are above the custom fields of the Customer request form?

Regards,

Like Hanna Pososhenko likes this
Matthew Canham
Atlassian Team
December 17, 2020

Hi @Gustavo Monsalve - 3digits, for now the Customer Request section of JSM (formerly JSD) projects is fixed and you can only move fields below this section, not above.

Anna Pososhenko February 22, 2021

Hi @Matthew Canham  
This is very inconvenient. when is it planned to improve the new issue view for JSM projects? Our users spend a huge amount of time working on tickets and the inability to display fields in a user-friendly way is a big problem for us.

Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2021

@Matthew Canham For Software projects, you have Issue Layout and for JSM Projects you have Request Types.

In our set-up, we use sub-tasks of Requests - this doesn't seem to be catered for in the configurations, do you have any suggestions for amending the layout of sub-tasks of JSM Requests?

Allison Stewart November 7, 2022

I have the same situation.  I have a JSM project with issues and subtasks for Onboarding process and these do not have Request Type.  I do not want them to because it's nothing that the customer needs to see.

But we have a ton of fields for these issue types and showing them ALL on the right side of the screen is not user friendly.  I will try to make tabs to see if that helps, but ideally, I would like to be able to configure the screen just as I can in a software project.

Thank you.

Veronica Yessa February 16, 2021

but what if we liked it in the context area?  How do we move it back?

elizabeth_jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 7, 2021

I love this so much. I need to pin fields for certain projects and not others, so I love the ability to have a standardized list of fields, but the ability to display them in different areas and pin based on need is great. thanks :)

iamkelsishayla September 20, 2021

Hey, when I try to add fields to the Description Field, its not possible Any idea why this is the case?? We have a brand new instance so nothing i can see stopping me in settings.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 21, 2021

Hi @iamkelsishayla  - What kind of error are you getting? What type of project is it? 

iamkelsishayla September 21, 2021

I think I figured out my issue, cant do it in team managed projects right?

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 21, 2021

Right

Géza Molnár November 24, 2021

@John Funk 

When will we have the same in Team Managed projects?
Aren't those the "new-gen"?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events