Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X Ray licensing questions - Jira.

Antonio Moraes August 25, 2022

Let's start using X Ray with Jira, and our need in JIra is 50 licenses, but in XRay it's only 10.

My question is if I can have this number of different licenses running on Jira and Xray without having compatibility issues.

Thanks.

2 comments

Comment

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2022

Hi @Antonio Moraes and welcome to the community!

I’m afraid that won’t work. Your apps always need to be aligned in user tier with your highest product license. 

so if you only use Jira Software with a license of 50 you’ll also need an X-ray license of 50

Like # people like this
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2022

@Antonio Moraes, @Dirk Ronsmans is correct.  The good news is, the app vendors know that not every Jira user will use their apps (true for most apps) and price their products accordingly. 

I.e., if Xray could offer you a 10 user license, the price would be correspondingly higher. 

-dave

Like # people like this
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 25, 2022

@Antonio Moraes -

Since X Ray is a third party add-on, you need to reach out to the vendor directly to ask the question.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 25, 2022

Unfortunately, @Joseph Chung Yin the vendor's hands are tied.  Atlassian requires  Marketplace app license matches the underlying Jira license.

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events