Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's your most basic Jira question?

Viewing page 2 of 2

37 comments

Comment

Julie Vu [Beenicon]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 24, 2018

@Junio Fernandes Thanks Junio! Yes I've tried what you suggested with Google thing and it seems like all results are directed to this Atlassian community.

By "developers discussions" you meant the discussions on the Atlassian community? I wonder if there are any forums, group chats or blogs that I could follow to update about new tips or products for my instance. 

Anyway, this community here is super helpful already!

Kelsey Markey September 4, 2018

Super noob question here, just signed up for a trial today and testing it out: Why am I unable to create sub-tasks? I have enabled sub-tasks and created a sub-task issue type. 

Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 5.27.15 PM.png

What am I missing because currently when I click more, I cannot create a sub-task. Thank you!! 

Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 5.33.44 PM.png

Vsevolod Strigunov November 22, 2018

Will Jira implement/support custom design themes?
I'm sick and tired on current view that has ugly fonts, lot of wasted empty spaces and another things I hate?

Priyanka Ghongade December 27, 2018

Hi,

I want to integrate Cisco Jabber with Confluence. Whenever I am going into page there should be right click option for Cisco WebEx meeting.

I can work with IM presence Macro but is there any other way.

Could anyone give me solution for this?

Regards,

Priyanka Ghongade

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2018

@Priyanka Ghongade, there seem to be some previous posts on Jabber in the Community. I would recommend you search thru them. Here is one - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/configure-Jabber-XMPP-Service/qaq-p/745949

dilipkumar23bytes March 19, 2019

HI, Please describe here how to get started with jira?

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2019

Hi @dilipkumar23bytes,

Make sure you get yourself familiar with what the tool is about, what you could use it for and what resources you have to help you out.

A very good starting point could be this Jira Cloud Administration guide. It gives you a lot of context and many many links to resources that help.

Like dilipkumar23bytes likes this
dilipkumar23bytes March 19, 2019

I'm new here about jira. Please let me know how I'll start to work on this?

Marcus Seeger May 9, 2019

Hi, I am an admin and have just completed our first project in JIRA cloud and would like to archive it. However, I can only see an option to delete. Any suggestions? TIA

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 9, 2019

Hi Marcus! There isn’t an Archive function. What I do is create an Archive project category and I create an Archive Notification scheme which only allows Jira admins to browse the project. 

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2019

Adding a helpful tip @Marcus Seeger  if you precede the project name with {Archive} it will move the archived project to the bottom of the projects list.

Nikkole Bennett June 5, 2019

I just logged onto Jira to begin working today, and I am very confused as to what to do first. I do feel like there is something I am supposed to be working on since I got the initial email from my team to begin working. However, I have no idea what to start with. I did see a bunch of projects in my Projects folder, so do I start with those? If I do, would they walk me through each task? 

riana October 16, 2019

Hi there, @Jack Brickey @Fadoua 

I need some assistance please. I have been using JIRA for about a year, but recently joined a new company and trying to find my way around how they set it up.

I created a Scrum board for myself so I can change the view to how it works for me, but the little faces of my team members are not showing up on the top left of the scrum board as (quick Filters) like they used to. 

Why is that and can I fix this? I had to manually setup quick filters with each team members name as a workaround. 

Many thanks

Jira.png

Riana

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 16, 2019

Good morning @riana 

Thank you for reaching out!

The avatars seen on your small screenshot display usually on a backlog and sprints for sure. I personally never had Avatars on any quick filter.

If it is a new feature, I am not aware of it. However let me check and get back to you.

Best,

Fadoua

Like riana likes this
riana October 16, 2019

Thank you Fadoua,

No not a new feature, my actual query is, why is it not showing on my Sprint.. 

I had to create the quick filters as a workaround because they are not there. 

Kind Regards

Riana

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 16, 2019

@riana  If avatars are not displaying on your backlog and sprints then there is a problem. However they will never display on your quick filters. I am checking Atlassian Docs there were never avatars in quick filters.

Couple questions please:

• Are you a cloud or server user?
  • When was the last time you saw avatars on your Sprint?
  • What was the most recent change made in your instance if it is Jira Server? (Don't answer if you are a cloud user) 

Best

Fadoua

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 16, 2019

What does the board actually look like? The avatars that should be appearing are associated with the owners of the issues on the board. No issues no avatars. Though I doubt that is the case here.

Like riana likes this
riana October 16, 2019
  • Jira Server user
  • Never, they usually arrange it by Assignee, but on my board, I would like to arrange it per story. 
  • Not too sure
Like Fadoua likes this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 16, 2019

@riana 

Ask your Jira System Admin if he made any changes in Jira that could have triggered the missing avatars.

Can you please take a screenshot from your board after hiding any confidential information?

You should be able to display Story Points on your board if you have them enabled in your project.

Let me know if you need assistance to have them display on your board.

Best,

Fadoua

riana October 16, 2019

Thank you for all the assistance so far, see attached pictures of my current sprint view and my backlog view. Jira2.jpgJira3.jpg

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 17, 2019

Glad to see that everything is working fine @riana ! Don't hesitate to reach out to the community if help is needed 🙂

riana October 17, 2019

@Fadoua Hi there, it's just on the active sprint view that the Avatars are still not displayed :( 

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 17, 2019

@riana is the same behavior happening from different browsers? What browser are you using? Also did you check with another user to see if everything is displaying properly for them?

Oh if you are expecting the avatars to display for each user on the quick filters that will never happen. Avatars never display there.

Waiting for your answers.

Best,

Fadoua

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 22, 2019

Hi @riana  

Were you able to fix your issue?

Best,

Fadoua

maker November 1, 2019

Hello!

Faced the problem with user stories (and any other task type) is not being displayed on the project's board, Filter was set up correctly, as it shows all the tasks I need when executed it as JQL request.

I've also added sprint markers to some tasks, but they still do not appear on the board.

What am I doing wrong?

maker November 1, 2019

Ok, fixed this one myself. Problem was that the custom business process was not matching the columns, so I added associations between statuses and columns and then everything worked.

gary.moran November 25, 2019

Hello quite new to Jira.

How do you get Gantt Chart working??

Can you detail the steps you need to take please - what do i click on?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events