Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the various field "ID's" in the Jira report?

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2021

Hello team,

I have been trying to understand or decode the various ID's when we pull the Jira reports.

Report has: Reporter ID, Issue ID, Assignee ID, Creator ID, Project ID etc.. etc..

What can be understood with these ID's and how does they help in reports given the other columns we select like, epic, story, assignee, estimations, reporter etc as per the need?

Note: If you are one of the ACL's thriving for details and reach for participants, you will be extremely happy to read my #atlympics ACL post: Lead a Virtual, honored and ACL life 

1 comment

Comment

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2021

Hi @G subramanyam

My understanding is that the ID for Reporter, Assignee, and Creator are all the account ID of the user whose name appears in that field. 

The issue ID is the unique ID for the issue, but we commonly just use the KEY. I have never had a need to use the issue ID field, but it might be handy if you were doing something with the API. 

Likewise, the project ID is the ID of the project, but we normally just use the project key. However, we do use the project ID when we are creating issues on the project through the API. 

As far as those columns are concerned when I export the results of a filter, I just delete the columns in the CSV/spreadsheet. 

Like G subramanyam likes this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 20, 2021

Thank you @John Funk for your time and that details.

Like John Funk likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events