Using jira to write a book!

HansPfisterer March 3, 2020

Is there anyone that has experience using Jira to write a book? 

Thanks and hello Jira community!

atb Hans

3 comments

Comment

Richard Bouchacourt March 3, 2020

Hello @HansPfisterer ,

You seem to use Jira for an original activity. Could you tell us more ?

Payne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2020

You may enjoy browsing this thread that focuses on using Jira and other Atlassian products for non-business purposes.

Kurt Buchleitner
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 10, 2024

Hallo Hans, 

I found your comment from the year 2020. Did you start to have experience with your idea? It is very interesting.

I started to collect material to write a book, organising it in Jira. I use Jira in my profession to manage projects and I like the idea of using it as a knowledge data base. You can find each ticket so easily by key words. 

I struggled to write a book in a more linear form, but have so many ideas that appear random. I started to collect them as tasks and sub-tasks to write down my ideas. 

Later, when I get more clarity on the different parts of the book, that I have already in mind, I want to connect all the ideas to stories and the stories to 1 big large, epic, which shall become my book.

Or maybe it will also be more than just 1 book, maybe several. 

My issue is that the ideas burst out of my brain very uncontrolled, and it was a big stress to try to streamline my thoughts and bring all into a textual format that fits the purpose of a book.

Using Jira freed up my mind, allows me to let the writing flow, bring my thoughts into the text as a ticket/sub-task and don't worry about the structure of chapter or a story or the whole epic.

I am much more free and creative, finally the thoughts are flowing and I can write fast and free, without worrying about the book. I feel comfortable that my ideas are stored in a secure place and I can postpone the task of compiling chapters and stories to later, when I have collected all my material from my brain.

:) how about you, did you start using Jira for writing as well?

best regards, Kurt 

Kurt Buchleitner
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 10, 2024
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events