Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Budget Tracking

Kazi Mohammad Abidur Rahman November 22, 2022

Hello everyone,

I'm new in JIRA and have been wondering how to efficiently track agile project budgets in JIRA. Is there any plugin that you might suggest or some documentation??
Thanks a lot, in advance!

6 comments

Comment

Gemma Ralph November 22, 2022

I am currently in the same position at my company and researching Project TimeLine add on and JIRA Work Management for gantt views

Think there is an extra charge for it, but it fits the bill on annual roadmap and linking resource for concurrent projects for an overall view with resource load and budgets

Like mohamed douzi likes this
Kyriakos Tsourapas November 22, 2022

Hi, I suggest you search the marketplace:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=budget

There are numerous options.

If you like something that will do the job, that is easy to configure and start using, I suggest you try our add on HawkBudget

But it's always good to do your own research, compare pricing and features and decide what best suits your company.

BR

Like # people like this
Johnny FromCanada November 22, 2022

A budget for an agile “project” is the cost of the stable long-lived atomic Team, broken into incremental chunks over time.  We bring work to the Team. The Team costs what it costs.

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2022

@Kazi Mohammad Abidur Rahman One of the most effective agile budgeting Jira add-on that I have seen being used by a lot of mid- to large-scale enterprises is "Tempo Budgets", which can be found listed in the Marketplace at https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211259/tempo-budgets?tab=overview&hosting=server. This add-on is available for both Server/DC and Cloud platforms of Jira.

If you are ready to spend some money for a long-term solution for your agile project and portfolio budgeting in Jira, I would strongly recommend to give it a try.

Hope it helps!

Like # people like this
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2022

Thanks for the mention @Taranjeet Singh !

We have a different product on Cloud for project budgets that includes time tracked in Timesheets by Tempo.

@Kazi Mohammad Abidur Rahman Feel free to check it out here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1221748/cost-tracker-for-tempo-timesheets?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Carolyn

Tempo Customer Success

Like # people like this
Johanna Pichotka_APTIS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 23, 2022

Hi @Kazi Mohammad Abidur Rahman

you can use our app Epic Sum Up for simple budget tracking. This includes time budgets, story point budgets, cost budgets and more. 

Within Epic Sum Up you have different Progress Bars. You can add a budget for any of them. This is how it looks like in Epic Sum Up: 

Screenshot 2022-11-23 114203.png

The black marker represents the budget. So you can directly see if the estimation or time spent is within the budget. 

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any more questions. 

Johanna
Marketing Manager for Epic Sum Up

Like # people like this
Iryna Komarnitska_SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 11, 2023

Hi, @Kazi Mohammad Abidur Rahman 

Try to use Cost Tracker for Jira Cloud, which my team recently released. 

The Add-on maintains the straightforward principle of calculating the company and project cost. In one line, it can be written as:

People logs * People rates + Direct expenses.

We will be glad if it is useful for you!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events