Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Product Management Certification

Hi all, 

I am jumping back into project/product management after a few years of working on other projects. What certifications do you recommend to make sure I am managing our tech projects efficiently/effectively? I want to make sure our project is completed in an efficient manner while still getting along well with our developers and tech staff. Any recommendations for getting started?

Thanks,

Jessica

1 comment

carolyn french Community Leader Jun 13, 2019

Hi Jessica and welcome!

Would be helpful to understand what kind of projects you are going to be working on? agile software development? what's your background? what Atlassian products are you using?

If you will be admin of Jira and/or Confluence, I highly recommend the Atlassian certifications. Just going through all the topics and understanding the best practices, and the nuances to setting up projects and using knowledge bases will be a good refresher for you.

Best of luck!

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn,

Thank you for your response. Yes, we are working on 1) building a new product with various tasks that will need to be completed using agile methodology 2) we will be building a new website using agile methodology as well. I don't have a lot of project management background, but I do have a little.  It sounds like this training is a good place to start... https://training.atlassian.com/elearning/getting-started-with-jira-software-for-dev-teams-ondemand?_ga=2.204419091.2032746565.1560179239-65719750.1559770124 Do you agree? 

Thanks again,

Jessica 

carolyn french Community Leader Jul 05, 2019

Hi Jessica,

Sorry for the delay to get back to you...

Here are some Project Management templates (I love the project poster and DACI ones!): https://www.atlassian.com/project-management#project-management-templates

Do you know if you will use Jira Software Cloud or Server? The course in the link you gave is for Server, so just to make sure that's what you need. If it is, it looks like it covers all the topics to get you feeling confident to lead the team!

Best of luck,
Carolyn

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase

The benefits of using Jira in different departments

Jira is a great tool to use across different departments. Forget that paperwork – switch to Jira and get that tasks done smoothly. Marketing Jira allows for a complete digital transformation of you...

109 views 0 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you