Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plug-In for RE with Jira

Heike Krüger May 3, 2021

To whom it may concern,
We are already using jira in our company. Now I would like to add features for requirements engineering.
I would like to have
- use cases
- user requirements (with trace to the use case)
- software requirements (with trace to the user requirement)
- test cases for validation (with trace to user requirement)
- test cases for verification ((with trace to software requirement)

I have already added RTM, but either I do not understand it yet or it does not provide the things I am looking for.
Does anybody know a solution?

Many thanks and kind regards,
Heike

1 comment

Comment

Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2021

Hi @Heike Krüger 

There can be multiple solution to your needs:

1) You can create different issue types in Jira for use cases, user requirements, software requirements, test cases for validation and test cases for verification. For traceability, you can use marketplace application like Links Explorer Traceability & Hierarchy or similar applications.

2) If you have specific needs for requirements management, you may have to use RM tools available on marketplace. But you need to elaborate what features for Requirements engineering/ management you need which are not available in out of the box Jira (like do you want versioning of requirements/ committing the requirements/ want to create baselines)?

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events