Novice User

Linda Randazzo February 14, 2019
I am an analyst that never needed to use Jira. Trying to learn it now. Need to ask basic questions to get up to speed. Looking forward to being part of the community.

2 comments

Comment

Marty
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 14, 2019

Hi Linda,

you've come to the right place!!

The community is here to help answer your questions, we were all new users once.  

Can I ask what you are using Jira for?  Can you tell us more about your team?

Here is a great place to start if you're working with a software team: https://confluence.atlassian.com/get-started-with-jira-software/

I hope that helps!

Linda Randazzo February 17, 2019

Hi Martyn,

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I am gearing up to be the lead BA for implementation of our bank account opening platform. This is the first time i have been a BA on the vendor side. I have always worked as a BA on the business side. The organizations i worked for didn't use it. This is why i haven't been exposed to Jira. I would describe where i worked as an iterative waterfall environment :) , not well structured. We got the work done, but there was no real structure or process in place.

I have used Jira here to create and submit tickets for enhancements and identified defects, but that is about it.

I will be creating epics and user stories and need to understand how to navigate and track the information throughout the project for the benefit of the bank with their Jira and the dev team and our Jira. I'm sure ill figure it out, but it would be great to hear from experienced Jira users.

Thanks much

Like Marty likes this
Kevin Bui
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2019

Welcome, @Linda Randazzo! If you're new to Jira, I can recommend this 6-step guide for getting started with Jira.

Linda Randazzo February 21, 2019

Thanks!

Like Marty likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events