Most difficult thing to get to grips with

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2021

Hi all

Just wondering what the most difficult thing people found to get to grips with when using Jira for the first time?

Mine was (and is!) permissions - there are just so many!

3 comments

Comment

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2021

I'm mainly a JSM user so I wanna say Jira Software as a whole but that's more due to me than the tool :-D (oh and the rigidity of Jira.. I always wish I could change things more flexible)

If it's just a single thing I gotta agree with you but the other way around. Permissions are hard to get right each time but I often wish there were more permissions. I feel that if I would be able to set permissions more granulair that would then make it easier for me to understand what a user might be able to do.

The fact that you can set a permission/role/.. and it could contain other permissions depending on that role/product access/global setting makes me happy that we have a permission helper.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2021

This is similar to another post in this collection. For me and many others I think it has to be schemes.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 26, 2021

Agree, the amount of different schemes. And the field descriptions tripped me up a couple of times at the beginning when you changed it on the custom field, but the old description was still shown on the screen until I found it in the field configuration.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events