Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Learning Scrum now...self paced...registered for CSM in early February.

Matt Daily January 19, 2023

Ahead of my CSM class, I am excited to become well-versed in Jira (at least as much as I can be without "real world" experience yet.

3 comments

Comment

Johnny FromCanada January 19, 2023

Beware:  Jira gets lambasted in the Lean-Agile community (unfairly IMO).  Recommend you keep to the bare minimum features until strongly justified by Team Retrospectives.

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

I agree with @Johnny FromCanada 's sentiments.  Don't forget that Jira is a tool and that the first part of the Agile Manifesto has people and interactions over processes and tools.

If the workflow in Jira is getting in the way of the people and interactions, work with your Jira administrator/Project administrator to get it the way you want.  Most of the time, it's possible.  Other things may not be possible.

Good luck!

Like Hana Kučerová likes this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community, @Matt Daily !

Hope you have a great learning experience with Jira and Scrum!

Where are you learning Scrum from in regard to the preparation for your CSM certification?

Jira is a tool that supports Agile methodologies, and is frequently used by the Agile/Scrum teams to manage their Agile/Scrum projects. It would be a great tool to learn for you if you are going to perform the role of a Scrum Master.

I hope it helps!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events