Learning Jira

Matthew Allmendinger April 26, 2021

Is there a way to learn how to use Jira? I know there is a little tutorial, but want to take a deep dive into it. 

6 comments

Comment

Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2021

Here is a doc where you can refer for getting started with Jira Cloud https://support.atlassian.com/jira-core-cloud/docs/get-started-with-jira-core-cloud/ 

Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
April 26, 2021

I try to answer the community questions to really get into the details. Other people use jira in ways that I don't, so they ask questions about things I wouldn't necessarily do. By trying to answer the question I usually learn something new, even if I don't come up with an actual solution.

Like # people like this
Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2021

@Linda Milne_Togetha Group_ That's true, and I sometimes do the same, even if I don't get a proper solution, I learn something new in the process.

Cheers, Kevin.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2021

@Matthew Allmendinger Welcome to community.

Do the following:

Like # people like this
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 30, 2021

I really like these guides, as they walk you through everything from the basics of Jira to deep dives into Best Practices:

Specifically if you get into Jira administration, this has some great information:

And this is a terrific tutorial that will take you through setting up your first project, board, creating an issue and inviting your team:

But as others have said, this community is an incredible resource for helping both new and seasoned users and administrators alike. As the saying goes, "There are no dumb questions!"

Sedera Randria
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2021

Hi @Matthew Allmendinger , 

Have you already looked at these role-based learning paths?https://training.atlassian.com/learning-paths

This could be a great starting point ;-)

Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2021

Hi everyone

Thanks for sharing the information

Cheers

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events