Jira server version is installed, but cann't be accessed by other PCs

Yanqun Le April 21, 2019

Jira server version is installed, but cann't be accessed by other PCs

2 comments

Comment

Sandesh Shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2019

@Yanqun Le 

If you are connected to same network (network jira server connected to), you connect using IP address of server in which Jira server installed and port no. (eg. 192.168.x.x:8080)

Yanqun Le April 21, 2019

Two PCs are connected to the network, one IP is 172.31.132.173, the other one is 172.31.132.183. They got the IP by DHCP. Jira is installed on 172.31.132.183, but another PC cann't access Jira by 172.31.132.183:8088, the port is what I configured. I don't know why.

Sandesh Shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2019

@Yanqun Le 

This is may be because of Firewall settings.

Make sure that - firewall Inbound rule in 172.31.132.183 - the port 8088 is allowed to connect 172.31.132.173.

Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 21, 2019

@Yanqun Le 

Hi Yangun

welcome to the community.

Did you check if the ip / port are reachable from the other PCs?

Are you able to access it directly from the host where Jira was installed?

Cheers

Kurt

Yanqun Le April 21, 2019

My first name is Yanqun, not Yangun. Thanks for the welcoming.

IP is reachable from  other PCs. the port is configured during the installing.

Yes, it is able to access it directly from the host where Jira is installed.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events