Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira from a view of Knowledge sharing?

HanGoo LEE
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 10, 2018

My job is boosting up knowledge sharing among peers, from a view of knowledge sharing, how is Jira? I would like to listen from Jira experts in all around the world.

1 comment

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2018

As a short starter, I'd say Jira is not the right starting point.  Jira is an issue tracker, it's built for getting things done, not sharing knowledge.  It certainly can help people share knowledge, as people who use it can get to see how things get done, but most Jira installations are highly focussed on getting things done within the organisation that owns them.  Not sharing information outside that.

Confluence on the other hand, that's where the real global sharing happens.  Many of us make our Confluences available on the internet so we can share what we write.  Most of my online responses to "how do I ...?" are now "here's an Atlassian Community post" or "Here's a link to something useful (which is usually a Confluence page)".

HanGoo LEE
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 11, 2018

Thanks for your valuable comment, usage of Jira and Confluence is getting clearer.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events