How to best use Jira

Sheetal Gandhi May 10, 2021

I work as a part of a Training Team who Developments and Delivers training to a number of different customers.  Which Jira would be best to use for our team, would it be Jira Core and what benefits would a Training team have?

2 comments

Comment

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2021

Hi @Sheetal Gandhi and welcome to the community!

What would be your main use of the tool be? 

• To develop the trainings?
  • To schedule and plan the training?

Since you don't need anything like a Service Desk, JSM is out

You are developing a training so somehow you could link it to Jira Software but that would be abusing a product for something it's not intended for.

There for Jira Core/Jira Work Management does seem like a good one.

You could plan the trainings, assign them to people who will be giving them. Also any prep work like creating documentation and training materials, sending out invites, ... could all be managed through Jira Work Managemen( JWM )

If you don't really have a real proces you might also look in to Trello. That's a board type of tool which is also used for project planning and task management.

Like Darryl Lee likes this
Sheetal Gandhi May 24, 2021

Thanks for the above. I have had a look at JWM and yes i think this is a better fit.  Can you have roadmaps within JWM? or with you use the Timeline functionality.

The reason for the question is we have multiple projects we work on simultaneously,  which includes developing the training material and delivering the training. would be good to be able to see on a roadmap when each module to due for development and delivery against each of the different customers we are delivering too.

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2021

Hi @Sheetal Gandhi welcome to the Atlassian community.

I would suggest you start with Jira software and look for the features and product guide. Those sections will give you immense concept and data to start preparing your training notes.

Stay safe and stay healthy.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events