Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello everyone,I'm Anthony and new to jira product

Anthony Ossai January 31, 2019

I'll be starting my new job and the company uses Jira for their test management. Previously,I've have used other test management tool to perform software testing I used QC/ALM and the processes I beleive are very different as in QC/ALM you will have to write your requirement before creating your test case and then design your test steps before executing your test cases and then move the defects to the defect modules.

I'm wondering how I can arrange my test in Jira,I understand I have to write a summary and can that be the same things as  writing a requirement in QC/ALM? will the story be the same as creating test cases?

After testing a component/module/feature and changing the status,where would you or how would you write the prices steps that made you arrive at step where the Bug was detected?

2 comments

Comment

Marcin Żurawiecki
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 31, 2019

Hello Anthony,

Do you know which (if any) test management plugin for Jira does your company use?

Kind regards,
Marcin

Hello Marcin,

We will be using Jira and Confluence and I'm yet to start the actual role as it starts mid Feb. I'm looking for a head start to make sure my performance is recognized and to also improve on my skillset.

Kind regards,

Anthony Ossai.

Marcin Żurawiecki
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 31, 2019

Anthony,

Using Jira and Confluence without any test management add-ons can be cumbersome. You can read the articles about establishing TM in Jira, that I've written:

Maybe you'll find some useful informations there.

Kind regards,
Marcin

CARLISLE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2019

It depends how your company is using JIRA. Generally, it is best used with the AGILE methodology. Sometimes there are specifications and requirements written before the test cases and development. Is there a SCRUM Master or person managing your sprints? Is there a Task Board to manage the swim lanes?

The main idea is to release often and frequently to return value as soon as possible to the customer.

If your back logged items get heavy, then you create a new sprint from all of those items. The swim lanes list those stories which contain the tasks/issues to build the test cases.

The Task Board has To Do, In Progress, In Review, Awaiting Pull Request, Ready for QA, and Done. Everything is thought of as "Done" in the AGILE world. Each sprint is DONE and you move forward. Your most important features are in Team 1 and Team 2.

Thank you for the comment. The company uses JIRA but I'm not sure they have implemented the AGILE Methodolgy because the interviewer made mention of that  but they are looking to start soon. The manager is the SCRUM Master and he manages the sprints.

I really appreciate your comment .

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events