Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk Changes

Romina Rapoport December 19, 2022

Hi All,

I need to make bulk changes in some Jira tickets and I don't see how to get this done.

For what I've read, I have to go to Filters to view and select the tickets that I want to change and I should have the option for bulk changes right there within the ellipsis. I've admin access and I don't see that option available.

Do I have some extra access missing? If so, how do I set it up? Am I looking at the wrong place?

Thanks for your help!!

3 comments

Comment

FUJIMOTO December 19, 2022

You need to select the option "Bulk change" at the right top corner (3 points) and select all record to apply the changes. After that, go to the bottom of the page and click the "Next" button

bulkmenu.JPG

I don't have these options. The only option that I have is 'clear sorts'

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2022

Hi Romina - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

What type of project are you using? Team-managed? Company-managed? Jira Work Management? 

Are you a Jira Administrator? Or just a project Administrator? 

Like Kalin U likes this

Hi John,

It is a Company-managed project  and I think that I've been granted Jira  Administrator access.

Thanks!

Kalin U
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2022

Hi, @Romina Rapoport 

Please check in the Global permissions whether your user (or group) has been granted the "Make bulk changes" permission. This is available from your-site-name.atlassian.net/secure/admin/GlobalPermissions!default.jspa.

This is very often the reason, but it is not the only one. Please answer John Funk's questions:

• do you see Team-managed or Company-managed at the lower left area of your project screen?
  • are you a project administrator or are you a Jira administrator? do you see "Jira settings" items under the cog wheel button "Settings" next to your top right avatar?
  • are the issues that you want to bulk edit from a single project? do they all start with the same key?
  • are you allowed to edit any of the Jira issues from your selection?

Also, are you trying to bulk edit issues directly on the board or you're already tried to do so from a list of issues (filter)?

Hi Kalin,

The project is Company-managed and I think I've been granted Jira Admin access.

I can see Jira Settings under the Settings wheel. The issues that I'm trying to edit are all from the same project and I'm allowed to make those changes one by one. I was trying to make the change from a list of issues (filter).

Thanks!

Hi Kalin,

Thanks for your help, the issue is resolved!

After reading your comments I went to Jira Settings->Settings->Global permissions and I saw the the role that has the bulk change is Jira User.

I checked if I had this role assigned to me and I didn't. 

Now that I have that role I can see the bulk change option when I go to the issues search.

Like Kalin U likes this
Kalin U
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2022

Great, thanks for confirming the solution. Happy bulk editing :)

Like John Funk likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events